Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

I Can't Seem To Find Myself Again

Frank's POV

I wake up mid morning on Tuesday. The first thing that I notice is the searing pain in my arm. The next thing I notice is the urge to pee really badly. Groaning I manage to pull myself out of my bed. Realising that I am still in the clothes from yesterday, I decide to have a shower after I have relieved myself.

***half an hour later***

I am washed and dressed in clean clothes. So I go downstairs to find my mom. She's in the kitchen, because I can hear her beautiful voice singing praise to her lord. I don't believe in god, I think it's a conspiracy, but mom doesn't care.

"Morning mom." I say, trying to sound happy.

"Morning dear. How are you feeling?" She asked. Like she does every time I come home.

"Better than I did yesterday." I reply.

"Would you like some toast and orange juice?" She asks.

"Yes please mommy." I say in a baby voice. She simply laughs and makes me toast with peanut butter and a glass of juice.

"What are you going to do today dear?" she asks, after giving me my breakfast and getting herself a coffee, before sitting opposite me.

"I dunno." I shrug, before eating the last bit of toast and drinking my drink.

Mom sighs and gets up. She takes my plate and cup, putting the plate in the sink then refilling my cup and taking out all my pills that I have to take.

"Here dear, take your medicine." She says, putting the pills in my hand and giving me some more juice.

I sigh. The pills don't work, we all know that. They are simply buying me some more time before I finally give up the fight, however I still swallow them all and chase them down with juice.

"Frank I am just going for a shower. Ok?" mom peeks her head round the doorframe of the kitchen.

"Sure ma, I think I'll just go back to bed." I reply.

"Okay dear." Then she's gone and shortly I hear the shower being turned on.

Sighing again, probably for the millionth time today, I get up and climb the 5 or 6 stairs and walk into my room and fall heavily onto my bed. Soon I am dreaming of a life better than this.