Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

Prom Night

Frank's POV

We arrived at the community centre and were the last people to arrive. Everyone was waiting out the front of the centre to watch us arrive. I felt like a rockstar. I looked at Nancy and we took a deep breath in. I looked to Gerard and he smiled warmly at me. Dr Mille and Dr Bryar got out and walked down the red carpet. Gerard got out next and opened my door. He helped me out then I reached for Nancy's hand. She took a step out and we all then linked arms. Camera's were flashing and people were cheering, and I thought to myself 'if only mom and dad could see this'.

We walked to the end of the red carpet and into the foyer. A photographer was waiting and Nancy and I sat side by side and Gerard stood behind us. She took a few photo's then we had our single portriats done. The photographer, who's name was Alice, told us that our photo's were free of charge. We thanked her for that. Everyone that was attending had already sat down, so when we walked into the hall everyone stood and clapped. We took our seats at the front of the venue.

There were speeches from the student counsil, the principal and some of my closest friends. I cried out of happiness, fear, love, and adoration. I truely loved my friends, because they were still there for me through thick and thin.

We had dinner and then it was time for the party. Nancy and I had the first dance, then it was Gerard and I. A whole song was dedicated to all three of us, even though Gerard wasn't dying, the school recognised that Gerard would be grieving when I died, so they offered to pay for professional counselling.

I saw Dr Mille and Dr Bryar dance together and thought that maybe they were boyfriend and girlfriend. They always had a close eye on us. Nancy got up and sang My Immortal and bought everyone to tears. When she came off the stage I wrapped her in a hug and let her cry.

Many people came up to me and talked to me. Most were just curious about what happened to me. Some wished that I got better and one person told me I was disgusting for being gay. Let's just say he left the party early.

Everything was going smoothly until Nancy suddenly collapsed on me and bought us both to the ground. I screamed in agony as I broke my wrist. It literally snapped in half. Nancy was passed out in my lap and I was crying. I was in both physical and emotional pain. Why had Nancy collapsed? Gerard was trying to sooth me while Dr Bryar tended to my wrist and Dr Mille tended to Nancy.

No questions were asked, but some how I don't think that tomorrow's prom for Nancy would go on. I feared what the outcome for Nancy would be, and for the very first time I doubted whether Nancy would out live me. Losing Michael was hard enough, I don't need to lose Nancy right now. We were at a party, this party was meant to be our time to shine. This can't be happening.

*****

We are all back at the hospital. Nancy is getting assessed in ICU, I've just had my arm plastered. I broke my wrist in three places. I am drugged out on morphine and they have upped my chemo meds just to try and prevent a bone infection. Dr Bryar stayed for a little while trying to tell me Nancy will be okay, but he just irritated me.
Gerard is now laying in bed next to me. He's petting my hair in a soothing matter and is coaxing me into sleep. Try as I may, I am failing to stay awake and close my eyes and falling into a blissful sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm back!!!!! Now you couldn't expect the night to run smoothly did you?

comments lovelies!!!!

XOJess