Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

Flailing about under water, drowning.

Frank's POV

I have been awake for only a few minutes, but something doesn't feel right. I look over to Nancy's bed to find it empty. That's right, she's in ICU. That still isn't the bad feeling I have. Gerard is missing, but that's still not the feeling. My head hurts and I feel old. I decide to go back to sleep.

I am awoken god knows how long later, by Gerard.

"Morning sweety." He greets me, perching himself on the edge of my bed.

"Morning." I mumble back, still feeling a little off.

"What's wrong?" He asks, sensing my discomfort.

"I'm not sure, I have a headache and I feel somewhat old." I reply.

"Oh, well should I go get a doctor?" He asks.

"Would you mind?" I ask.

"Not at all." He replies, getting down from my bed.

He kisses my forehead and walks away to find my doctor. It's not long before He returns with Dr Bryar.

"Hi Frank, I've been told you don't feel well." He walks in with a slight smile on his face,

"Yer, I don't feel well." I mumble, feeling light headed.

"Well lets run some tests and give you some pain relief to start off with." He replies.

I give a grunt of agreement. The light headedness is getting worse and I am starting to see blavck dots in front of my eyes. I suddenly can't speak and panic starts to take over, then suddenly I'm calm, before I can only see the white lights of the ceiling and my body starts to convulse. I am aware of people yelling and button's being pushed and more yelling, but I can't recognise any words. I'm lost somewhere between consiousness and unconsiousness.
I am feeling like a puppet on a string, being bounced around violently, and I feel like I'm going to vomit. Suddenly the world comes into a sharp focus and I choke on my vomit before being rolled onto my side. I can't see anything and I lose myself to darkness.

Pass out.
********

I come back into the real world with no pain. I am still exhausted and completely unaware of what happened before. I have no sense of time. I can feel a hand on mine and an oxygen mask fitted to my face.

I groan to get the attention of whoever is holding my hand.

"Hey baby." A sft voice reaches my ears, it's Gerard.

"Gee." I gasp, my lungs lacking in oxygen.

"Hey don't talk, you fine now." He replies. His voice soft, like velvet, and not above a whisper.

"You had a fit and are in ICU now, baby I was so scared, I thought I lost you." His voice breaks. 'I'm sorry baby, I didn't mean to scare you', I think to myself

I turn my head to look at Gerard. I want to show Gerard I am scared as well, I don't want to leave this planet.

"Nancy is out of ICU, she's back in the ward." Gerard tries to distract me from how I am feeling.

I can't take it anymore, and a single tear slips from my eye. Gerard brushes it away and caresses my cheek.

"It's okay to be scared, it's okay to cry, and I'll be here for you through it all." He reassures me.

I take a deep breath in and let it out slowly.

"Don't pity me, please. If you can't take anymore, don't feel as if you have to stay. I must look hideous to you right now."

Atear slips from his eye.

"Don't you dare say that. You are beautiful to me, this is who you are. I don't pity you, I love you so much, it hurts. I'm hurting because you will leave me, but it's not your fault. I love you and embrace everything about you." His words are firm but full of love.

"I love you, Gerard, so, so much. Promise me one thing." I demand.

"Anything."

"When I am gone, do something with your life, keep on living and doing art. I want you to move on, because one day we will meet again."

"I promise." He declares, then seals it with a kiss to my lips.

"Promise me one more thing." I ask.

"What?" He asks.

"That when the day comes, you will never let me go. I want to die in your arms." I request.

"Of course. I won't let go." He promises.
♠ ♠ ♠
im back and determined to finish this story in a couple week.

love Jess