Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

My Name On Polished Rock

Frank's POV

I awoke a little while later to mom shaking me. I was having a dream that involved ice cream and the hospital, kinda freaky but sorta nice in a way.

"Honey, it's seven o'clock. Time to get up and come out to dinner." Mom told me in a gentle voice.

"Okay. Lemme wake up, I'll be down in a few." I mumbled. She gave a small chuckle and left.
I lay there just looking at the cielling for a while, thinking of nothing and everything all at once. I no longer wanted to go to Gerard's house. I just wanted to curl up in my bed like every weekend before I go to the hospital and forget that I exist.
Finally, I decided I was awake enough and surprisingly hungry enough to get out of bed and head downstairs and put my shoes on.

Mom was sitting on the couch watching tv when I entered the lounge room with my shoes in hand. I sat down next to her and put my shoes on.

"Mom, I'm ready to go now." I stated, getting her attention.

"Ok dear, lets go." She announced while turning the tv off. We walked out to the car and got in before taking off to my favourite restaurant, The Witelight Hotel. It served the best Chicken and Fettucine Carbonara.

*****At The Restaurant*******

We had ordered our meals and got our drinks and were just sitting facing each other. We didn't need to speak and that was okay. I finally got the courage to break the silence and tell mom what had been on my mind all night since I woke up.

"Mom, I don't want to go to Gerard's house tomorrow." I said, little emotion showing.

"But why?" She asked, with a surprised epression.

"Cuz, I'm sick, and we both know what Monday brings." I stated dryly.

"I think it would be good for you. It would stop you from thinking so much about next week. Just go it will be good for you, trust me on this one." She replied.

I couldn't agree more, now I had her opinion. It was the only one that mattered to me these days.

Soon our food came and we chatted and ate at the same time. It was moments like these that I never take for granted.
Although the thought of me dying was on both our minds, it didn't matter at times like these. What mattrered was that I was spending time with the woman who gave life to me and looked after me and will still cherish me when I am gone.
♠ ♠ ♠
Its short but its short for a reason.xoxoJessimickaH