Status: Completed

It's My Pain Too

Don't Look, I'm Dying

Frank's POV

I am half way through my treatment and mom comes in smiling at me. It's a sad smile but she's trying hard, though her eyes suggest that she's hiding something. I feel sick and that is making me irritable. I am tired and that just adds to the already growing annoyance. She saunters over, treading lightly.

"Frankie?" she questions softly. I just turn my head to the side lazily and look at her.
She sighs,

"Frankie, Gerard is here. He-he wants to see y-you." she states. I don't want him to see me like this.

"N-no." I whisper. I don't want us to meet like this.

"Frankie, please. He just wants to sit with you, no talking, just sitting." she cooes.

I give in and just nod my head the best I can. Mom smiles, raises to a standing position, kisses my head and leaves. Presumably to tell Gerard the good news.

I close my eyes for a while. The exhaustion willing me to go to sleep, but the doctors say I need to stay awake for as long as possible. A few minutes pass and my eyes open as someone walks in. It's Gerard, and suddenly I'm shy.
He doesn't greet me or talk at all. He just gives me a sad, yet, understanding smile and pulls up a chair next to me.

This feels different. We are sitting in silence and he has a hold of my free hand. He is sitting sideways on his chair looking at me and I am slumped in my chair-bed, looking and feeling as miserable as the weather outside. I just have to close my eyes.

******later on*******

I have finished my treatment for the day, or week, or whatever they will be doing from now on, and am sitting up in my bed after sleeping it off for a couple of hours. Gerard is by my side, on the chair next to my bed. We still haven't spoken but I need to tell him about my stay in the hospital for the rest of my life.

"Gerard?" I question. My voice still hoarse.

"Yea?" He responds. Sitting up properly.

"Gerard. I won't be coming home." I say simply. I feel like crying but I don't want to.

"You're staying here from now on?" He questions, surprise evident in his voice.

"Yes. Gee, I'm sick, and I won't be here for much longer, this is the doctors decision." I try to reason.

"I'll still be here for you though." He insisted.

"I will get to have sleep overs at home every now and then. We can still hang out" I insisted as well.

"That will be good for both of us." He smiled. I returned it and no more needed to be said.

Later on Gerard had to go home reluctantly, with a promise to return tomorrow. I knew that he would be here as much as possible, since school was out.
That is what I looked foward to.
♠ ♠ ♠
woot! 2 days in a row that I have updated.
to all readers and subscribers: Please commment. I have two comments and they are from the same person. I love u commenter, sorry i forgot ur username already.

xoxo Jessimickah