Waking the Demon

Dreams.

I waited until she was fast asleep until I shifted back to my human form. Doing so made me groan as my arm seared with pain. I looked at Daniella, to make sure she was still sleeping. She let out a low sigh and shifted under the covers.

I stretched my limbs and sat down on the bed watching her as her soft breathing began to get louder. Her chest was heaving. She began to grow uncomfortable. Her body moving slightly. Her brows scrunched together. She was having a bad dream. I got closer to her, inhaling her sent. She smelled of her shampoo. Peaches with a hint of vanilla.

I could tell that she had changed. In the picture she had golden blond hair that flowed around her oval face. Now she had dark hair. Her, now, black locks fell just above her collar bone. Her skin looked the same. Pale with a slight glow of a natural tan to it. She stood at five foot seven. Which wasn't short, she was tall enough.

I almost had to take a double take at her when I first saw her. She grew. Her small waist and luscious hips were distracting. As was her full chest. After I tore the big bad wolf I disposed of him, dragging him away from her view. As I was walking back to her, still in my wolf form, I looked at her features. Her cheek bones were high. Her lips were full and irresistible. Her skin was flawless. Her eyelashes were swept over her cheeks. As they happened to fluttered open, her lids revealed her emerald eyes.

What was it about her? Aside from the obvious, her being utterly attractive, there was something there. Was it that she seemed to have not a care in the world? Was it the way she moved when I was watching her when we walked to her new house? Was it the way she spoke? The words, her voice, or her expressions? Or is it possible it might be the way she handled the whole situation?

She was standing there, just watching the creature before her move. She made no sound either. It was as if she was in a trance. Or maybe she was smart to not make any kind of movement or noise. Maybe she was more intelligent then I expected. Maybe, just maybe.

What if it was the way she handled me? She didn't run or yelp as I approached her. Even out cold she knew I had helped her from the brute. But, when I struggled with her she smacked me, not caring if I bit her. Maybe I liked that she wasn't afraid of me... or maybe she just thinks I'm a naive mutt.

I touched her cheek. At that she calmed, with a sigh. She turned to her side grabbing my hand with her smaller ones. I slightly smiled as she was finally content.

Snap.

My ears twitched as soon as the sound came to them. I lightly slid my hand out of hers. I crept to where the sound came from. I headed to the back, opened the door and peaked out.

Snap.

Again, the noise made my ears twitch. I turned my head to the left. Then silence.

Was that good or bad? I had no idea. I changed into my wolf form as soon as the door behind me was closed. I stood there, silent.

Snap.

My whole body turned and I ran over to a bush. I sniffed, trying to find something close to the scent of trouble or wolf gone bad. Unfortunately there was nothing. But, then something can running out. As fast as lightning. My growl was of no use. For that was there was a small rabbit. It twitched its nose at me and ran off for dear life.

I sighed as I turned back to my human form and entered the house again. As soon as I went into the house I heard movement. I rushed to the kitchen and heard someone in there. I dodged out and changed into wolf form when I saw it was Daniella.

My paws clinked to the tile floor as I entered. She ducked into the fridge and came out with a tub of juice. She gasped as she saw me there.

"Fuck dog," she breathed out, "Don't do that to me," she walked over to a cabinet and grabbed a glass.

I lowered my head, walking to her side.

"So, where were you? I woke up and you were gone."

She paused.

"Oh right. I keep forgetting you can't talk," she laughed. The sound soft and deliquit. She sipped at her drink. Then went back into the fridge and came out with something stronger.

Jager.

I sat down and looked at her. I was craving some liquor. I barked.

"You want some?" she smiled. She took out a small bowl and poured some in it. Placing it down on the floor I drank. Oh the joy of liquor!

"You are one weird ass dog," she giggled, "And big for that matter."

She poured the Jager in her juice and drank it all in seconds.

"Ugh," she sighed out, "The joy's of liquor," She said as if she had read my thoughts. She looked at the glass in her hand and filled it up with more alcohol.

I finished my drink and barked again.

"No more for you babe," she smiled. She knelt down next to me. Her head and back was leaned up on the bottom kitchen cabinets.

"It's been pretty weird here lately. Even though I haven't been her for far too many years," she scratched my ear as I sat next to her. Glass in her hand she took a sip, "You know I moved to America when I was three."

She looked at me then back at the glass in her hands.

"Ha, it's weird how I remember it so vividly. Yet, not so much," she shook her head, "My heads messed up. I don't even know what to think anymore."

I gave a small whimper and shifted.

"You know whats weird?" she asked, "Well, as i was sleeping I get a dream. It's the same dream I've been getting for many years," she sighed, "I don't even know why I do though," she paused drank the rest of her drink and placed it on the floor next to her.

"So, the dream. It all starts out at the same place. The woods, or forest. There's trees everywhere. But, I hear someone approaching. It sounds bad though. Like I should be running. But, I don't I just stand there. Like I'm frozen to the ground under me. Then abruptly it stops. Silence comes and a white light is flashed before me. I see my mother come before me. Her golden locks flowing in the breeze. She looks like an angel."

"Don't fret my lovey, She'd say. Then she would walk toward me and hug me. Then my body goes back to a four year old me. I still have the same thoughts. But, I'm four. That's when I last saw my father. But, he comes to me. His mouth in a smile. But there's something behind him. A gang of some sort," she takes a breath as she wipes tears from her face.

I shifted as she said gang. She dreams about them?

She looked at me and smiled, "they looked like dogs.. or wolves. I'm not sure. A few have the same eyes of that animal that attacked me before. But, my savior is here," she hugged me with one arm, "My mother and father would vanish and I was back to my older self. And when I went to look again there were more of the gang. Tons possibly. They all looked at me like I was their next meal."

I growled.

She smiled again, "So, I would run. Run as fast as I could go. Stumbling over tree stumps and such. All of them their eyes so fierce. Every single time I dream this my body feels as if it's on fire. Yet, my veins are running with cold blood. Then I fall. Fall to the cold dirt ground. Their growls mused around me. All the creatures looking at me. Contemplating what to chew off first. My leg? An arm? I don't know. The thing I can feel is the rapid beating of my heart," then she stops.

Getting up she brings the glass with her, moving to the sink. I stand and look at her. Her back is towards me, "But, I don't know what happens next. I usually wake up at that time," she sighs then turns to me.

"But, today? It was the same, but then I felt something. Not sure what it was but, it calmed me. A touch of a warm hand, pressed to my cheek. The feeling it gave off was soothing. And the dream ended as soon as I was about to get devoured. It changed. It changed to my future. Or possible future. I was at home. Beautiful acres of land, blue skies. I was pregnant," she looked down then back to me, "But that ended as soon as the warmth was gone. Then I went spiraling in a dark pit, back to the gang of creatures. So, I woke up."

I looked at her. How could she have dreamed of us? Maybe she was connected to certain aspects of our life.

Better yet, the change to my touch? How could I cause this? I was just trying to calm her down. I was curious to know how I could affect it.

I heard feet shifting and saw Daniella walking towards me, "Let's go to bed. I'm zonked, " she giggled.

She petted my head and walked up the stairs to her room. I followed her. She plopped down on the bed and tucked herself in.

"We have to find a name for you. How about we figure that out tomorrow?" she smiled as I jumped up on the bed.

"Ruff!" I barked in response. Wishing I could talk to her.

"Good Night you big brute!" she sighed as she drifted off to dreaming. Her soft snores calmed me.

Why was I feeling like this? I couldn't! I forced myself not to. I looked back at her. Her face was so peaceful.

I laid my head on the white sheets and grumbled to myself.

Damn this mission!
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm thinking this was okay, and pretty long.
But, YAY ALCOHOL!

Here are the character's so far:

Quentin (The Father)
Alicia (The Mother) --- w/ longer hair!
Caleb
Jared
Cyrus

COMMENT!

X Dani