Drops of blood leading to.. Is that me?

Chapter 3

Aiden's P.O.V.

I looked up from the book I was reading. My sister had just been ratted on by mom, as usual. Being the oldest, and a senior, it wasn't something that came as a surprise to me.

But... What were her grades...? I pushed myself to my feet with a huff, and twirled the paper to the side so I could read it with my black painted fingernails.

... Not good.

Slowly, my eyes shut. I thought about it for a moment, and then mom came back into the kitchen.

"Oh, Aiden, did you finish your book?" She asked. Her voice sounded strained, like she was fixing not to cry.

My gray eyes opened, and I turned my head to look over at her.

"Nah, just needed to stretch my legs." I replied cooly. I didn't want her to know that I had been looking at my sister's grades. I didn't want to really appear nosey. I'd had enough lectures in my time of junior-ness, and I really didn't much care for more. It just, was.

"Alright, well, I'm going to bed." I looked at her still, for another moment. She smiled at me, then exited the kitchen from the side door, into her room.

I paused for a moment, unsure of what to do. At that moment, my phone rang. My girl.. Lizz.

"Hey, babe." I smiled when I picked up the phone.

"Yeah, Aiden.. About that.." She started, and I heard faint laughing in the backround.

"What?" I asked, my heart beggining to slow down immensly. I felt the color drain from my face.

"It's over between us."

Click.
♠ ♠ ♠
Awww... Poor Aiden.... >.< Rate and comment. Much luv. <3