Drops of blood leading to.. Is that me?

Chapter 5

Aiden's P.O.V.

I stood there, for long moments after Renee had gone back upstairs. My long black hair hung in front of my eyes.

So what if reality had just crashed down in front of my very eyes? I mean, what did it matter? Whomever the fuck she was with put her up to it.. After all, she'd never taken us as an item seriously. But...

... Then why did it hurt me so much...?

I shook my head, and wiped the tears from my eyes and face off on my gray jacket sleeve. I stared at the floor and my feet for a moment.. Completely unsure of what to do.. Where to go.. Go see Renee? What could she do? It was a nice gesture of her to offer any comfort that she could to me, but it didn't matter. Who was I kidding in being so nice to her? She probably didn't really care at all, herself.

With a long, drawn out sigh, I slowly began to make my way upstairs, through the narrow, enclosed hallway. I put one hand on each side of the wall, and slowly walked down it.

Thump.

I hit the ground hard, falling into Renee's room. Her door had been open. I looked up, and around, rolling instincively onto my stomach, looking for her. I saw her bathroom light, and bit my lip, looking in some.

Renee was pulling a shirt down, my guess, her pajama shirt. I saw something that surprised me. A huge tattoo on her lower back of a pentacle. That was the Wiccan symbol, wasn't it? But it was definitely a good look at her. A shiver ran down my spine, and a wave of emotions suddenly flew over me. She was my sister..! I wasn't supposed to be thinking those kinds of things about her..!

"Aiden?!" She cried out suddenly, coming out of the bathroom. I froze, and scrambled to get a footing, and push myself to my feet. Well.. This was awkward.

"S-sorry Renee.. I was walking down the hallway.. And your door was open.. And I fell in..! And I'm sorry!" My cheeks flushed a deep red color, and I looked down.

Before I knew it, I heard something. Was she... laughing at me?! She was.

"It's okay. Don't worry about it. Least you didn't see anything you weren't supposed to.. Now do me a favor.. Unless you need me, let me sleep?" She smiled at him, her face bright and alert.

A shiver ran down my spine when she smiled at me. Yes, this was most definitely NOT how I was supposed to be feeling.. About my sister.

I smiled back.

"Yeah... Goodnight." And I shut the door behind me.

What was I going to do?
♠ ♠ ♠
>.> xD Yay! It's 12:14 am. I'm on a roll!!! Rate and comment. <3