Sequel: Shock Factor

From green day to Green Day

A New Start

Nickey woke up one day and wondered what was happening to her life. She’d run away three years ago, and not much had happened since. She was 20, and nothing was going on in her life.

Since they’d run away, they’d moved every few months so that they’re parents didn’t find them. Not that Marks mum was even looking. Nickey had lost contact with Molly, but she’d made new friends in the shape of Dookie and Kaleidoscope, a couple of greeners, and Christina, a wannabe vampire.

When they weren’t together, Mark spoke to Christina, both being dark and quite gothic. Nickey talked to Dookie and Kaleidoscope, and they had accepted her in a couple of weeks, and they called her Stix, a nickname she gladly used.

One random day, Dookie was walking round town when he saw a mate of his. They talked and when Dookie got back to the squat, he had news for them. He sauntered into the room, and immediately Kaleidoscope noticed.

“What is it Dookie? What have you done? You look like the cat that got the cream, and you know you're going to tell me. Don’t make me torture you!”

The two of them had an in joke running where if Dookie knew something Kaleidoscope didn’t, he wouldn’t tell her until she tickled his feet and made him tell.

“Me? I don’t know nothing, Kal, honest I don’t!” he laughed, “What am I supposed to know?”

So she got up and walked over to him. He smiled and put his hands up defensively. She pushed him to a chair as he mouthed his denials. His hands fell to the arms of the chair, and he tried to stop her pulling his shoes and socks off.

She ticked his feet, and he fell off the chair sideways. They were both laughing when Christina came in and sighed loudly. They looked up from the floor. Christina had her arms crossed and one eyebrow rose in a disapproving look. She thought them childish.

“Oh you're just jealous,” Dookie smiled, “Because our favourite band is going to be playing at the stadium next month and your bands never come here!”

That’s when utter chaos broke out. Kaleidoscope ran up and down all the stairs, and Nickey danced circles around Christina, as she had been in the same room. Mark heard and came downstairs, in time to stop the three of them jumping on the sofa, as it would have broken.

And so they spent the money they did have on tickets to the Green Day concert, even thought Christina refused to come, and Mark decided against it, as funds were low. The week before was spent getting good outfits.

Suddenly, the day was upon them. They three left the house before Christina was even awake; she normally got up in the afternoon and went to bed in the early hours of the morning.

So they got there as the gates opened, they were nearly the first people there. They went through the gates and, once they had bought merchandise, straight to the mosh pit. Although it was a while to wait, it didn’t seem long for the first band to come on. None of them had heard of them, and, to tell the truth, they sucked.

Nickey, Dookie and Kaleidoscope yelled obscenities at the first band, and so they were doubly pleased when the second band, and then the third came on. They were both a lot better, and if it wasn’t for adrenaline and the fact they were always so high, the three of them would have nearly been exhausted by the time Green Day came on.

Nickey knew what was about to happen as the third band left the stage. For a few moments the stage was dark, and no sound escaped her mouth. Then she saw a movement and started to scream. Green Day were on stage, and she was so close. She screamed until she almost passed out.

She was so in awe of it all then, she didn’t think she’d be backstage in a few hours.