Sequel: Shock Factor

From green day to Green Day

Chicken and chips, and scribbled notes

Tré pulled up outside the so called chip shop. He looked at it. It wasn’t really a chip shop, it sold chicken and chips, and it didn’t look too clean.

They went in, and the man behind the counter called her Stix. Tré wondered why she bought food here, as she ordered some food, he looked at the menu.

“Hey, Jamie? Yeah, hi. I want… I want chicken burger and chips, Tré, what do you want?” He jumped out of his day dream and pointed at the menu, stuck to the counter. “And Tré wants the same. Thanks Jamie.”

Then they got in the car and drove back to the stadium. When they got back into the backstage room, Dookie and Billie Joe were looking worried. The bowl was back on the table.

“Mine!” Tré shouted, running to the table. He grabbed the bowl and tripped over the table. “My hat! Its mine all mine!” Billie Joe and Dookie looked relieved to see him and Nickey; they’d wondered where they’d gone.

Nickey jumped on the sofa, offering chips round. She noticed that Dookie’s top had Billie Joes autograph on it. She wondered if he’d told Billie Joe he was bisexual, and fancied the pants off him. She doubted it. Billie Joe was married to Adrienne, and Dookie knew he didn’t stand a chance against her.

Then Mike and Kaleidoscope came back. She looked happy, and was holding the bass he’d played on stage, but now it was signed. Maybe that was the reason for the grin plastered across her face, but Nickey and Dookie thought there was more to it then that. The bass said:

To Kal, my hottest fan
Call me sometime!
Mike Dirnt

A roadie came in, saying they had to go. He meant Dookie, Kaleidoscope and Nickey, so they left. A short walk later and they were at the squat again. They all sighed. Backstage had been heaven compared to this place. So they went in.

Tré was last getting on the tour bus. He threw his empty chicken and chips box in a bin. It had tasted way better than he’d expected. He sat on the sofa-thing and felt something in his back pocket. He pulled it out; it was a piece of paper. It said

Hi Tré! Sorry to sneak this into your pocket, I couldn’t resist! Phone me if you like. My number is 07926783415. I know you get tons of fans like me; I don’t mind if you don’t call, it’d just be cool. Tré Cool in fact! Thanks, Stix

Tré smiled. How did she write it, and get it into his pocket with out him noticing? It didn’t matter. He’d probably call her when they got to the hotel. She was fun. He turned on the TV.

Back at the squat, Dookie and Kaleidoscope had gone to bed, and so had Mark and Nickey, although there was a big gap between them; he’d been worried about where she was.

When Tré got to the hotel, he forgot to phone her. He went to dinner, and went to bed. He threw his trousers on the chair, and the paper fell out of his pocket and into the left foot of his converses.

In the morning, he put on his converses, and found the phone number. He’d call her, the second he had the time. Not that day, he was too busy. Tomorrow.

Nickey and Mark spent the next day not talking. Mark spent the entire day with Christina, in the attic, while Nickey spent the entire day with Dookie and Kaleidoscope. They went to the park, and met a friend.