Sequel: Shock Factor

From green day to Green Day

When one door closes, another one opens...

So they were at the park, Dookie, Kaleidoscope, Stix and Munky. It was the local skate park, and they all had skateboards. Munky’s CD player belted out his latest CD as they skated around the park.

Munky shot towards the ramp, just as his favourite part of his favourite song came on. He flew up in the air, and fell to the ground. It’s not a good idea to dance on a skateboard.

Dookie picked up his board, and Kaleidoscope and Nickey picked him up. He was laughing, but his leg was bleeding. They took him back to his house, another accident for the accident-prone, and went home.

When they got in, Nickey went in her room to put her skateboard by her stuff. She opened the door and took a step in before what she saw sunk in. She screamed. A bloodcurdling scream of rage. And she threw the skate board.

Kaleidoscope held her back. In the room, Mark and Christina had been in bed. Nickey and Marks bed. Kaleidoscope changed her mind, and let Nickey go. Dookie didn’t stop her.

Nickey practically flew across the room, connecting with Christina in a flail of hands and violence. Mark pulled her off, he had put some boxers on. Nickey began to cry.

“Mark! In our bed! In our bed…”

Then she lashed out at him, screaming incomprehensibly. Dookie and Kaleidoscope pulled her off. Mark and Christina put their clothes back on, Mark went out and Christina went back to the attic. Nickey fell to the floor crying, and Dookie and Kaleidoscope went to shout at Christina.

Tré sat down. It’d been a long day, and it was only mid afternoon. They’d played another show at the stadium. He remembered the paper on the bedside table, and went to get it. Now where was the phone? He hoped he hadn’t thrown it out the window.

Nickey lay on the floor, crumpled in a heap. Her board lay on the floor in the bedroom, luckily it hadn’t broken. Her bag lay on the floor, where she had dropped it, the contents spilling across the carpet. She sniffed.

And then the phone rang. She reached over. Her phone was just in reach. Stretching, she answered the phone. Tré knew straight away something was wrong, it was pretty obvious. He made her tell him the address, and drove round. Nickey turned off the phone and stayed lying on the floor.

Tré didn’t take long to get there. He stopped outside. He knew the address was right, but, here? He looked at the overgrown garden, the boarded windows, and the worn out paint. Oh my god, he thought, she lives in a squat! He walked up the pathway, the door was ajar. As he opened it, he could smell the greenie.

Inside was just as bad. The wallpaper was peeling and the carpet didn’t look like it’d ever been vacuumed. A door to his right was open; it was the only room to go into. He pushed the door open and looked around. Nickey was lying on the floor, next to an open door. Another shut door was in the same wall.

He checked if she was hurt, and, when he was sure she wasn’t, got her to stand up. He looked at the sofa. It was a dodgy colour, but the chair only has three legs. He guessed the sofa was a better bet.

They had just sat down when three people ran past the door, and into the street. They were arguing. Then Nickey told Tré what happened, and cried that she couldn’t sleep in her own bed any more.

“Like fuck you could! Tell you what, Ill get your stuff, you don’t even need to go in that room again. Come and stay with me for a bit. I’m not trying to get you in bed, there’s a sofa bed thing-“

She cut him off. Not with words, but with a kiss. He was startled, but he’d wanted it since she’d walked into the room backstage. He kissed back, and then got her stuff. She left a note for Dookie and Kaleidoscope, and they drove to the hotel.