Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Frank

I stared at her, tired and small looking in the huge hospital bed. Underneath the thin blanket her leg was covered in bandages, covering the ugly black stitches that held her skin together. I shuddered as I thought of that.

"Why?" I asked simply, glad Tessa was gone from the hospital room to get coffee.

"I don't know," she turned her head to the side, trying to hide a tiny, crystal tear that leaked from one eye and trickled down her cheek onto the pillow. It made a tiny blot on the soft cotton, which was followed by another and then another. The blot spread and Rosie's shoulders shook with silent sobs.

"Oh, Rosie," I whispered, getting off my seat and standing in front of her turned face. She tried to turn again, but I grabbed her chin and looked into her eyes. "It's okay, I'm not going to judge you," I said honestly.

"You will though, in your head you think I'm stupid," she sobbed in a choked voice, curling up into a fetal position. "Everyone else does!"

"Well, I'm not everyone else, am I?" I half-joked. "And neither are you!"

She sobbed harder and I looked around, hoping Tessa wouldn't appear while I was doing this.

I leaned close into Rosie and kissed her gently on the lips.

Her sobs ceased slowly as I kept my lips pressed to hers. She was silent, and I pulled away, feeling a bit dumb. She was my friend, after all, and I'd kissed Kalli once or twice, but that was different, that was for lust and wanting. This was for a friend in need.

"Sorry," I muttered, flicking my hair away from my eyes. I really needed to cut it. "It didn't mean anything, I just, wanted you to see I like you."

"Okay, thanks Frank," Rosie smiled back and closed her eyes again. "I'm a bit tired now, do you mind?"

"No, go ahead, you need it, you deserve it." I smiled and pulled the covers tight around her. "See you soon Rose."

"See you soon," She whispered.
♠ ♠ ♠
Please comment and subscribe, they're mucho appreciated.

Love to all my subscribers and commenters who are already there. I really do love you all <3