Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Rosie

I slouched through school with my headphones blaring in my ears, my hands rammed in my pockets. I was a sad case of a sixteen year old. Failing every class, no friends, a reputation as a slut and a psycho.

I sighed and slipped into math class, late as I always was on a Thursday afternoon. We had a substitute for Mr Jeffrey today. She was young, but with a pinched face and a beak-like nose. She peered down at me, glaring through her glasses.

“And your name is?” She asked, voice full of contempt.

“I’m Astrid-Rose Riley.” I muttered and went to sit down. Except Beak Nose grabbed my shoulder. “Let go!” I yelled and wrenched myself away from her. I couldn't stand people touching me.

“Don’t you dare take that tone with me, young lady! You arrive incredibly late for the lesson with no apology, then you cheek me back. I do not think so! Why were you late?” She had a slight lisp and my cheeks got a speck of spit on them. I shuddered.

“I had an appointment.” I muttered quietly. Mr Jeffrey knew about it, never made me confess in front of the class who hated me.

“With who? Some boy in the bike sheds?” Beak Nose snarled.

The whole class exploded in laughter. I blushed and hid behind my long dark hair.

‘Don’t cry Rosie, you’ll muck up your eyeliner.’ I thought to myself desperately.

“No, with a school member of staff. I have a note here, if you need it.” I whispered, too afraid to speak. I handed her the tiny folded square of white paper. She unfolded it and I closed my eyes in despair as she began to read out loud.

“Dear Mr Jeffrey,
Please excuse Astrid-Rose from the first half of her math class, as she has a longer appointment with the school psychiatrist than usual, due to emotional issues and her self-harming issues. Thank you for being so understanding.
Yours truly,
Tessa Montgomery.
Adoptive Mother.”


I couldn't stop it. As the class whispered and laughed, a single tear rolled down my cheek and splashed onto my converse skull trainers. It was enough for Kalli, a blond girl sitting near the front of the class.

“Oh my god, emo adopted girl is crying!” She yelled.

The whole class started laughing. I turned on my heel and I fled the classroom.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopes you likey :D