Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Frank

I had fucked up. No surprises there.

I could see Kalli stalking off in the distance, weaving through the busy streets, her back to me. I knew her, and not that I'd ever tell her, but she was like Rosie. When they were mad, they got super mad. It was best to just keep your mouth shut and pray that it would end soon.

I watched Kalli walk away with a heavy heart, flinching as something dripped on my nose. I looked skywards and saw dark, stormy clouds rolling in. I sighed. My day couldn't get any worse.

I wandered a little way along the street, then glanced back to the bookshop. I stood watching until Rosie and that other boy, Jake, exited, arms around each other. She was laughing and looking a little disgruntled and he was trying to make her hold the book bag.

"...it for you!" I heard their conversation as they moved closer toward me. "...it Rosie..."

"...want to buy it for..." Rosie shook her head and they turned left down another street, away from me. "...but... love...you..."

The last words were faint but I knew them. "I love you."

Rosie loved Jake. Jake loved Rosie, probably. Kalli loved... me?

And where did I fit in? I felt a lot for Kalli, we were together, she was cute and funny, and we'd even done It. I hated Jake because he made Rosie happy. But I wanted Rosie to be happy.

What was wrong with me?

I pressed my back against the wall behind me and slid down, so I was sitting on the cold pavement. I put my head in my hands, groaning miserably to myself. Stupid, stupid Frank.

"You okay?" A voice asked above me.

I looked up to see two police officers gazing down at me. Even though I knew I'd done nothing wrong, I felt a bud of panic blossom in my chest. I jumped to my feet and nodded, then raced off.

I didn't like police, and they didn't like me. We didn't get on, so it was best if I just kept out their way. Though running away probably did make me suspicious. I glanced back once, and as I did so I heard a scream, a squeal of brakes. Then something hard and cold hit me in the chest and I went flying backwards into oblivion.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope everyone likes. Unless Mibba's lying to me, I now have 8 subscribers. Thanks guys :D
PS how do you like the new layout? I made it myself ^_^