Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Frank

Okay, I was a little late. Oh fine then, a lot late. I hitched my bag further up my shoulders, holding it tight for comfort. This stupid new school was three times the size of my old one in England! Couldn't they minimize it? Jeez.

I glanced at my timetable. I had Math, room 205, with Mr... somebody. I couldn't remember and it didn't say. I looked up from the scrap of paper and peered at the door numbers. 202...203...204...205!

I was about to open the door when it burst open, hitting me in the face and sending me flying backwards.

"Shit!" I yelled out, sprawling on the floor and grabbing my face, blood gushing from my nose.

"Shit," a dull voice echoed back. I glanced up, seeing a girl with dark hair framing her pale face. "Sorry," she muttered, striding past me.

I pulled myself to my feet, watching her walk off. She was weird, to say the least, but different, and different wasn't always bad. Though, as I heard taunting laughter from the class in front of me, I wondered if they thought it was.

I adjusted my bag and wandered into the noisy classroom. The teacher, a young pinched-faced woman, was busy shouting at some boys in the corner, so I just had to stand there and wait. A girl near the front caught my eye and beckoned me over.

"I'm Kalli," she smiled, flicking her hair off her bland face. "Sit with me."

It was an obvious order, not a question. Judging by the looks from everybody in the class, Kalli was a popular girl. I could sit with her, introduce myself and crack a few jokes and I'd be in the clear, Frank, the cool popular guy.

But if I refused I'd go back to being Frankie, the weird possible-gay boy who everyone wanted to beat up. I'd flick my hair and be Emo. I'd laugh at a teachers joke and be a Nerd. I didn't want to go back to that.

"You're late!" The teacher suddenly pounced on me, grabbing my arm and hauling my sorry ass to the door. Seventeen and manhandled by a teacher. "To the Principal!"

I didn't get to explain, the door slammed in my face and I blinked. Obviously this was an unusual way to welcome a new student. Or maybe it was a ritual. I didn't let my mind ponder on this, I just headed down to the main office, hoping my day would get better.
♠ ♠ ♠
Subscribers? OMG!

Please comment if you read!