Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Frank

"Frankie? Frankie can you hear me?"

Go away.

"Frankie, darling, it's mum."

Hi, mum. Go away, please. There, I minded my manners.

"Please be okay sweetheart,"

Make me. Like you always do.

"I'm sorry, Frankie,"

That's a first. I don't think I've ever heard you apologize before. Well done mum, you have finally grown up. It just took you about, say, forty years.

"It's all my fault!"

Wow, another first. You're making great progress. Now, the next step is for you to bugger off, and find somebody who isn't in agony all over, and who cares about you whining away and trying to make yourself feel better.

"If I hadn't been out that day, you wouldn't have been hit by the car!"

Car? What car? What are you talking about mum?

"Now, they're going to kill you!"

What? Sorry, repeat that last part. About you letting them kill me!

"They'll turn off the machines, and..." She sobbed. "Then you might not be able to breath or make your heart beat. You'll just, be gone!"

Mum, you have to be kidding. Please be kidding. I don't want to die!

"Maybe you can pull through, you're strong, right?"

No! I feel weak! I'm in pain all over! But I don't want to die! Mum, don't let them kill me! Mum!

"I don't know why I bother, the Doctor thinks you're brain dead anyway..."

But I'm not mum. I'm alive in here. I can't move, and it hurts, but I'm alive.

Don't let them do it mum, I'm not strong enough. Mum I can't do it. Just a little longer mum, please!

Mum?