Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Rosie

I burst into the hospital room, then stood stock still.

Frank. Sitting up. Eyes open. Looking at me. Smiling crookedly.

"Hello," he said, his voice cracking.

"Frank," I squeaked, my eyes watering. "I missed you."

I ran forward and flung my arms around him. After a moments shock, he hugged me back tightly as I cried into his shoulder. It felt so good to hold him again after months and months of nothingness.

"I missed you," I repeated quietly into his neck.

"I'd say I'd missed you too, but..." his voice tickled my hair and I pulled away, smiling at him.

"I know. The whole 'coma' thing," I smiled. "Can you remember like, any dreams or anything?"

He shook his head, looking a bit confused and upset. He was probably offended that the thing I cared about most was dreams. Oops. Of course he was what I cared about most, but that would have to wait till later.

"Do I look any different?" I forced my voice to sound upbeat as I twirled a few times beside Frank's bed before collapsing into a chair. I'd worn something nice, a short, flared green skirt, black boots, and a black and red tank top. I looked pretty good, and I hoped Frank would notice.

"Um," his voice faltered and so he didn't feel bad, I rushed to save him.

"Well your memories probably a bit fuzzy, but you look loads different. Bit more, ragged, you know? Which is understandable, so don't get offended or anything. You still look gorgeous."

I blushed and ran a hand through my hair, self-consciously.

"Thanks," Frank grinned at me and I smiled back.

"It's good to have you back," I said honestly and grabbed his good hand and held it tight. "Tons of people at school said you wouldn't live but I told them you would. I yelled loads and I got into like, so much trouble, but I didn't care because I was doing what's right."

He nodded slowly. I wanted to talk less, give him a chance to get used to everything, but I couldn't stop the words coming out. It was like that movie where she talks about 'Word Vomit'. That's what was happening to me. Hopefully I wouldn't do what the main character did and actually vomit.

"But you know, Kalli never said a thing!"

"Kalli? Never said a thing?" His voice was slow and confused.

"No. And she's supposed to be your girlfriend and everything. Like, I was so pissed off but I couldn't say a thing because she's popular and I'm still the Freak. Just like before you left. Then, when I was working up the courage to talk to Kalli, she like, disappeared off the face of the planet. Of course, not like, for real, she's staying with some relatives somewhere."

I paused, letting the words sink in before I delivered the last shocker. I knew I should wait until later but somehow I couldn't.

"Kalli's pregnant, Frank," I forced the words out and stared at him, waiting for his reaction. But his face didn't change, he just looked at me.

"Right," was all he said.

"What are you going to do?" I asked, puzzled to his lack of interest.

"What am I supposed to do?" He looked genuinely puzzled, but I couldn't help feeling exasperated.

"Um, I don't know, marry her maybe? Father your child, would be a good idea too! I know what it's like growing up in a shitty home, not knowing who your parents are, it's not good! You have to look after the baby!"

"Why should I?" Frank's tone sounded angry. "I don't know who the fuck Kalli is!"

I stared at him, gob-smacked.

"A-are you, for r-real?" I stuttered.

"Look, can you please tell me who the hell you are and what you want please? Because I'm bloody tired and you talk way too much!" Frank glared at me.

"Y-you don't r-remember... me?" I sobbed, my heart breaking.

"Sorry, but no..." He looked at me warily.

"But I love you!"

"Look, please, just leave me alone!"
♠ ♠ ♠
:-( sad chapter.
Listening to I Belong To You by Superchic[k].
Very good song.