Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Rosie

"Rosie, are you cutting yourself?"

The question was so out of the blue, so unexpected, so strange, that my heart skipped a beat and I stared at Frank like an idiot.

"W-what?"

"You heard!" His voice was cold, tight, and filled with intense anger. I shivered, then looked away, making sure my face was blank.

"It's none of your business," I said, my voice devoid of emotion. "Don't bother."

"It is, Rosie, I care!" Frank sounded desperate, but I didn't look at him, I just clenched my jaw, trying not to flinch at the lies.

"Fuck off Frank, fuck right off!" I snapped, staring at the canteen door. "You know what, fuck off and never talk to me again!"

I dragged myself out my chair, leaving my untouched lunch on the table. I restrained myself so I didn't run, I just walked at an even pace out the doors, into the quiet halls, leaving the crowded lunch hall behind.

"Rosie, wait! Wait, Rosie, wait!" His voice called after me and I walked a bit faster. "Wait, I said!"

I bit my lip. Part of me wanted to turn around, cry to my new, unexpected friend, show him my scars and wounds and tell him... tell him everything. Except, then I'd be weak. The Rosie he knew was tough, sarcastic and... not real. So I continued walking even faster,

"Rosie, I'm sorry, please," he begged from further down the hall.

"Don't lie!" I yelled back. He couldn't be sorry, he hung out with Kalli. He probably was just setting me up. Make Rosie The Fool trust him, then tell everyone my secrets. I was stupid to trust him. I broke into a run.

"Rosie!"

I didn't answer, I just burst out the front doors of the school, and ran around the streets, even through the rain. I didn't care and I didn't cry.

I mean, that was rain on my face, honestly.
♠ ♠ ♠
ta dah!