Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Frank

Another strange house and a week of unpacking. It wasn't my idea of fun, but somehow I didn't complain, I didn't moan and I didn't whine. Mum was amazed and so was I. But my mind was whirling full of thoughts I couldn't focus long enough to even try to think about complaining.

When we were eventually settled in, I lay on my bed in my new room and looked around. The photo's of Rosie & I were back up, my favourite football posters, the almost-full bookshelf. Everything familiar, yet it felt like a strangers room.

I was sick of that feeling.

Sighing, I got up and sat down at my desk, staring at the black, blank screen of my laptop. After nearly five minutes of just staring, I clicked the On button and waited for my super slow crap-top to load up. It eventually did, at a snails pace, and I impatently clicked on the Internet button about twelve times. It finaly did what I wanted, and I got to my email account. I had only one new message.

I'm popular, aren't I?

Heya, Frank, I read, after seeing it was from Rosie.

I can't help feeling something was bothering you at the airport. I've known you for a year and a bit, even if you don't remember it. And we got close again before you left. I prepared myself to lose you to another girl, I prepared myself to lose you when you were in the accident, I even prepared myself to let you die when they turned off the life support.

But I wasn't prepared for the show of coldness at the airport. I felt like we were strangers. I know your confused, but I can be there for you Frank.

It's my birthday today, Happy 17th today. Tessa might be getting me a special present of a plane ticket to see you.

Only if you want though.

Love,

Rosie


I shut the computer down again, even though I'd spent ages waiting for it to start up. I didn't feel like replying, I was confused and upset, I didn't know what to do, so I sat back down on my bed, where I'd started.

I drew my knees to my chest pressed my chin to my knees. I closed my eyes and covered my ears with my hands. Here, in silence and blackness, I was in my safe place. With nothing to confuse me and nothing to bother me. Nobody else was here to complicate things, it was just me and everything was alright.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you liked it :-)