Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

Rosie

Hey Rosie,

Happy (belated) Birthday! I would have replied much sooner but I've been trying to sort everything out. Mum and Dad think I should see a therapist to 'Come To Terms' with what happened, but I think thats crap. What do you think? You used to see a therapist right? I'm sure you mentioned it...

I'm sorry for being so horrible at the airport, I'm bad at goodbyes. I'm really sorry, and I know saying sorry isn't enough and that being confused isn't an excuse, but it's all I have.

And I would love it if you came to visit. My Mum says you're welcome.

Love,

Frank


I closed my computer over after reading the reply from Frank. I had about 50 emails from Jake, but I didn't want to talk to him ever again. I knew deep down that it shouldn't matter. I'd never liked him as more than a friend.

But thinking about kissing my brother, it made me want to run for the toilet. It literally turned my stomach, and I knew that if I told Tessa she'd feel the same, hence why I hadn't told her/

"Rosie," as if sensing I was thinking about her, Tessa knocked at my bedroom door. "Can I come in?"

"Sure," I replied, going to sit down on my chair beside the window.

Tessa came in and sat down on the edge of the bed.

"So," she said, but before she could continue, I interrupted.

"Frank said it's okay for me to go visit him, his Mom said it's okay and everything. I know I got some clothes and stuff for my birthday but please can I go?" I looked at Tessa pleadingly.

"I'm sorry Rosie, but at seventeen, I just don't think you're ready to go by yourself. I'd go with you but I don't have enough money for two tickets. Maybe next year. I'm sorry."

"It's not fair!" I exploded. "Next year? Tessa you have to be joking!"

"It's just not possible! Rosie, so be quiet!" She yelled. I flinched, Tessa normally never shouted. "I'm sick and tired of you! So shut up and do as your told for once!"

She stormed out my room and I narrowed my eyes, which were filling with tears. How could she? Tessa knew how much I loved Frank, how much I missed him already. How could she?

I threw myself on my bed and started sobbing into my pillow. I hated Tessa!

I cried for hours, until my eyes were raw and my throat was rough and cracking. When I finally sat up and rubbed my eyes, it was dark and the house was quiet.

I poked around the house, and found Tessa sound asleep in her room. I saw her purse by the end of the bed. Impulsively, I snatched it and raced out the room. I rifled through it, trying to think of a way to get revenge. Sure, it was petty and childish, but it made me feel better.

"...I don't enough money for two tickets..." Tessa's voice rang in my ears and an idea sprung to my mind.

Within two hours I had a bag in my hand, and one return ticket booked on-line to go to England, paid kindly by Tessa's visa card.

Did it count as running away if you planned to maybe come back?
♠ ♠ ♠
last few chapters!
Comments?
:-)