Status: Complete

Run Away With Me

You Can Run But You Can't Hide - Preview

People say I shouldn't be jealous of my twin brother, but how can I not? He's smart, funny, popular, and he's good looking. We're fraternal twins, after all. If you saw us, you wouldn't think we were related. Felix is much taller than me, with thick blond locks that just flop everywhere, yet still look amazing. His blue eyes aren't hidden behind thick glasses and his perfect teeth are well, perfect. No braces for Felix.

People look at Felix when they come to visit Mom and they say;

"Oh, Felix, you look gorgeous, you must break a lot of girl's hearts,"

And then they'll laugh and pat him on the head, maybe slip him some money. Then they turn to me, there's the purse of the lips, the raised eyebrows and the inevitable question.

"So, Caterina, have you found a boyfriend yet?"

Uh, no, I haven't. Thanks for asking, two weeks after you last asked. Then the same answer, with no surprise from me, or them.

"Huh, such a pity. You're time will come dear. It's good you're different to the other girls."

The Other Girls. How I despise them. Perfect looks. Perfect grades. Perfect boyfriend.

Like, hello, I'm only just turned fourteen. Why can't I just be me? The chubby, squint-eyed Cat with braces and two left feet (though one disguises itself as a right foot. Liar.). The scared of spiders and dinosaurs teenage Cat who doesn't like Math.

Mom says I'm perfect how I am. It's the same response every time I try and complain. But why should she properly care? She has the perfect son, Felix. Mom didn't even know she had twins. I was her 'surprise'. More like Mistake. I wish I could run away. I wish I was adopted.

People who have no family really don't know how lucky they are.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yes, that's right, there shall be a sequel. Mainly because I miss the characters from Run Away With Me.
It's set from Caterina's p.o.v and Felix's p.o.v, split like before. It's 13 and a half years after the last chapter of Run Away With Me.
Hope you enjoy.