All These Fairytales Will Blind You

Chapter 2

"Chillax sweet lips, Sammers will be fine." I rolled my eyes at Johnny's nickname and sighed.

"What if she has an asthma attack and needs me here?" I said, scrounging up last minute excuses to get me out of going to this club with them.

"Come on now, Amy. She hasn't had an asthma attack in over a year. You're going with us." Brian demanded, arms crossed. I sighed and stood up on the other side of my bedroom door.

"Fine then, can you at least tell me one thing?"

"What's that?" Matt, Leana, and a couple others chorused.

"Do I look okay?" I asked, stepping out from behind my bedroom door that I had previously been sheltered in, not wanting to go to this 'party.' The guys stood there and stammered dumbfounded for a moment before their respective women knocked them out of it.

"Y-you look great." Matt said, eyes wide. I grinned.

"Why thank you Mattie-Boy."

"Yeah, you do." Zacky smirked. I chewed slightly on the inside of my lower lip as I flushed lightly at the simple comment from Zacky.

"Can we go now?" I changed the subject.

"Sure thing." Brian turned on his heel and led the way out.

"Be good for Mrs. Wilkerson alright, Sami?" She gave a simple nod, not taking her eyes from the iCarly TV show. I sighed and stepped out into the cool night air.

"Chill, babe, trust me, it's all gonna be fine." Val smiled bright.

I sighed as I took my seat in the limo and nodded in respect to the chauffeur.

Let's play a love game,
Play a love game.
Do you want love,
Or you want fame?
Are you in the game?
Doin' the love game.


"So how come your not up there dancing with all your friends?" A voice from beside me asked. I turned in my seat to face a total stranger who had taken Jimmy's former seat.

"I don't really dance."

"Ah come on, you look like you got some serious moves in ya." He winked. I shrugged and turned back toward the bar taking another drink of my soda.

"No alcohol?"

"I'm under age." The man looked shocked by this.

"You don't look it."

"Well I am."

"Here, I'll by you a drink. Whatever you want, on me." I set my bottle down adn shook my head as I forced the beverage down my throat.

"Nah. I'm good."

"Ah, come on, sweetheart." I felt him sneakingly slip his hand onto my lower back. This guy was like what, thirty?

"Look, I'm fine. If I want a drink, those guys would be more than happy to get me one." I nodded to Matt and the rest. He smirked.

"They look pretty content with themselves right now. I don't think they're worried much about you."

Okay this guy was starting to tick my nerves fast. He didn't know me, and he sure didn't know my friends, so there was no need for him to be talking about them.

"Don't you have somewhere else to be?" I eyed him, fed up.

"Not really, s'why I'm here." He raised his beer bottle to prove his statement. I sighed and rolled my eyes. "So, under age, eh?" He pressed on. "How old are ya?"

"Seventeen." His eyes widened.

"How'd you get in here in the first place? Gotta be at least eighteen."

"I know a guy, okay?" This guy was making me mad and if he didn't shut his mouth, he was gonna be heading home with less teeth then he came here with.

"So, what do you say we-"

"Don't touch me." I warned as he'd tried to wrap his arm around me and draw me close to him. He held his hands up defensively.

"Alright, alright. Frisky little thing." I'd had enough. I stood up off my bar stool and swung my arm back, fist clenched, ready to swing when I was pulled back by the waist. I turned around and looked up to see Matt towering over me. I crossed my arms and rolled my eyes.

"What are you doing?! I was totally gonna serve him!"

"And that was the probl-"

"Ah, my nose!" We spun around in time to see the guy hunched over holding his nose and Zacky standing above him. He then grabbed him by the hair and jerked his head backwards. "Agh! Come on man, knock it off!"

"Apologize for treating her that way." Zacky demanded, his voice low and menacing in the man's ear. He jerked his head up right so he could stare me in the eye. "Look her in the eye right now and tell her you're sorry!" He yelled.

"I'm s-sorry." The man choked out, almost sobbing.

"Good," he jerked his head back again, "now leave this place and don't let me catch you around here again."

I had found myself immobile from the shock. Zacky had never stood up for me in such a manner. In fact, he, himself, had jokingly done things like that before.

"Go on about your business, there's nothing to see here." Brian ran everyone off. The girls stood wide eyed and wondrous.

"Are you alright?" He asked, voice full of concern. I nodded and finally found my voice.

"Yeah, I-I'm fine."

"Matt, can you give us a minute?" He nodded.

"Sure." He took Val's arm and walked off with the rest, shocked as everyone else.

"I'm sorry you saw me freak out like that." He said, stepping closer to me. I nodded, looking down. "Its just, Amy, you don't deserve to be disrespected like that. No girl does. And I care about you. A lot." He picked up my hand and held, stoking the back of it with his thumb gently. "But I understand if you want me to stay away, for Sami's sake." I stayed silent. Motionless. He nodded. "I'm glad you were my friend for a while, then." He leaned down and kissed my cheek, ever so slightly catching the corner of my mouth. "Good bye." Was the last thing he said as he dropped my hand and walked towards the doors.

I stood there shocked. I didn't want him to leave. Not for good. I didn't want him out of Sami's life, nor mine. I used my better senses and finally let my feet kick in. I ran after him. I spotted him just as he was opening his car door. I made a run for it. I hadn't run so fast in years.

"Zacky! Zacky wait!" I yelled at the top of my lungs across the parking lot as I ran. When I finally caught up to him he was standing there looking around confused and I latched my hand on to his forearm and pulled him away from the car, disabling him from getting in it. I stood there for what seemed like hours, hunched over slightly, holding onto Zacky's arm with one hand, clutching my abdomen with the other, trying to catch the breath I'd lost.

"Zacky," I said, standing up straight again, "you have to know that I don't want you to leave." I gave his arm a small squeeze for reassurance.

"But I thought you'd be afraid to let me around-" I shook my head and cut him off before he had a chance to finish.

"You think way too much, way too soon." I grinned.

"So I don't have to leave town, change my name, and become a certified hobo?" I laughed and wrapped my arms around him tight.

"No, Zacky. You're staying right here."
♠ ♠ ♠
Thoughts?
Suggestions?
Improvements?