Bastard.

02/?

“I just hate him, Susan! He’s the only person that’s ever made me cry like this! Even Dad’s never been so harsh as he was! Why is he having such an impact on me, Susan? Why?!” I wailed, cowering in my suite’s bathroom. Susan approached me silently and hugged me; she may not have been a very good person to others, but she was an angel around me.

“Maybe.. Maybe you like him, Mark? I know you don’t want to hear that, but it’s the only explanation I can think of. No one’s ever made you cry like this; you didn’t even cry this much at your sister’s funeral. I think you like him, Mark. Maybe even love him.” I shook my head forcefully, not wanting to face that reality. I couldn’t like that.. That.. Neanderthal.

He’s.. him! And I’m me. I’m Mark Levinstein, for God’s sake. He was a nobody! My family owned half of the real estate businesses in the continental U.S. His family barely made enough to live doing odd jobs around town.

“I can’t like him, Susan. It’s not right. It’s not… Right,” I whispered onto her shoulder, my tears starting to dry up, leaving the dry heaving in their wake.

“Now, Mark Samuel Levinstein, who are you to judge him because of where he comes from? Do you remember that I used to live in a slum in Mexico? You thought it wasn’t ‘right’ to be friends with me, but now, look where we are, six years later. Get off your high horse and remember we’re all people. I know he’s mean, and that his family is poor, and that he makes you cry, but how about you look past all f that and see the boy he really is? Try looking at him through someone’s eyes who aren’t tainted by high society and greed. I’m leaving now. Call me when you decide that you’re not better then anyone else, ok?” I nodded dumbly, not really knowing what had just happened.

I stood up and brushed off my jeans, not knowing when the last time our maid had ventured into my room since I’d had a breakdown in front of her. It was bad.

I’d been crying and yelling; she thought I was yelling at her, so she tends to stay away from me now.

I sighed and grabbed my car keys off of my end table. I walked through our house to the garage and got in my car and drove off.

When I got to the nearby mall, I stepped out of my car and looked around; packed, as usual. I walked to the front doors and watched as they slid open on their own; motion sensors. I moved to the side as little kid came running past me. He looked back and mumbled a sorry before running off again.

Wasn’t that Dylan’s brother?

Shit, shit, was he here?

I turned, ready to walk back out to my car, when I ran into something hard.

“Ow,” I mumbled, rubbing my chest soothingly. “Hey, watch whe- Dylan,” I muttered, looking anywhere but at him.

“Mark, listen I’m so-”

“Get the fuck away from me, you asshole. I never want to see you again,” I murmured darkly, pushing past him - with some difficulty. The boy was twice my size!

He tried to pull my arm, but I just pulled out of his grip. I did not want to see him.

“Mark, I’m sorry. I never should have said that,” he whispered. I stopped and turned, ready to yell at him.

“Yeah, well, you did! What is so wrong with me that you feel the need to pick on me every chance you get for being something that you are? Don’t even think I don’t remember. Tell me, does anyone besides Tino know? Or are you just a big of a pussy as me?” He swallowed; I watched his Adam’s Apple bob beneath his skin.

“Nothing’s wrong with you, Mark,” he whispered sadly.

“Oh yeah? Then why do you treat me like absolute shit any and every chance you get?” He had nothing to say to that; he just walked off, chasing after his little brother. I clenched my fists and sighed unhappily.

That boy pisses me off!
♠ ♠ ♠
This chapter sucks.
:\