Finding You

Sisters

Chapter 10
Part 1 – Cassie’s POV

Walking down the empty street I reflected on my job, deciding that working in a café is defiantly a better one to have than some of my other friends. Most of my former colleagues were, once trained, sent straight to the war against the demons, being slaughtered almost instantly by the black mist that was sent to meet them as they reached the ground which, thanks only to the wolves, we held. I remember the fear that had took over me as I had stood there in front of our king, surrounded by many others who were no doubt dead now thanks to the vicious techniques the dark ones used. Because of my strength in combat and the range of shifts I had control of, the king had chosen me out of all others, even of his race to find and protect the lost girl, whom is the fiancé of his son. This task was considered one of the most high I could be given and if I succeeded I would have no need to go into the war until I wish to do so by my own will, rather than forced by another’s. Refusing was not an option, I knew that, and the fact that the king was so reliant on me succeeding I knew that I would have to give it my all, so I had reluctantly, because of the risk, and happily, because of the rewards, accepted my task.

Emily, the girl that comes into the café every morning seems powerful, but I can not tell if she is the one i’m looking for because she keeps her skin covered, and where its not I can only see small bruises, given to her I presume by that hateful family of hers, people like that really do not deserve kids. She won’t be able to hide the mark for much longer though, because when she turns sixteen the mark will have grown to it full size and her powers will start to show, this is however exactly why the king needs her found, without guidance at this time humans might find out about us, a possibility which would ruin the centuries of hard work we’ve put into hiding ourselves. My mark was not as obvious as the girls would be, mine being on my thigh and hip rather than on my arm and neck, it meant they were easier to hide from the humans, but her marks could not be passed of as scars if noticed, even when she was a baby the design had been complex, making her supposedly easier to find. Yeah right, 14 years later and I’m still scouring the world looking for her, she obviously never goes to the hospital or doctors.

Part 2 – Erin’s POV

‘The smoke drifted around me, its black haze hiding all enemies, but also all allies, isolating me in my own hopeless battle. Screams pierced through the fog, creating confusion and fear among my kind, leaving many paralyzed to the spot in fear. Sensing danger near I shifted, turning into a small cat, gaining better eye sight as I did so, however the scene it revealed was not a pleasant one, and had it not been that I would end up dead I would shift back straight away, even that prospect looked better than what was displayed in front of me. Dead among the blood splattered mud lay my comrades, each ones mouth open in the poise of there final scream as there soul was sucked from them by the mystical creatures we stood fighting. None of them had the time to transform, so had been left helpless while they were killed, unable to fight in their paralysed human form. For reasons unknown I had not reacted to the poison in the air, so had been able to transform and there for run, I wish the others had been as lucky, but then again the picture of them will forever stay in my mind, and I would not wish the witness of such a scene upon anyone. The black clocked figures that had drifted over them, sucking there life-force, are only held back from our world and the humans by our pathetic advances and the unmoving positions of the werewolves, barley any of our enemies kind dying while our numbers decreased by hundreds each day as each warrior swore to fight to their last breath. However the demons had not even given us the chance to fight, showing there cowardice in battle, by not even letting us fight for our land and freedom, instead they froze us, paralysed with drugs and fear, leaving us unable to shift, making us an easy and unmoving target.

Leaving the disgusting scene behind me I began to run, escaping the haze and the scene that had unfolded from its effects. Once clear I shifted once more, a small falcon becoming my form. Shooting my wings behind me I felt the familiar thrill of adrenaline kick through my body, sending me soaring into the air and away from the battle and the fear it held.’

That night when I had returned home I had reported on my findings, being the first to ever have escaped the scene, and I began to lead people into the war, each time only ever returning with less then 50% of my troop, but each time finding more who could, like me, resist the chemicals. The scenes I witnessed shook me to the core, each one being embedded into my mind with the force of a bomb, but none the less each year I kept fighting; after all these beings had destroyed our hope and leaders, they had slaughtered our royalty, leaving us only with a missing princess, who cannot be found, dead or alive. The marks of our kind have been seen on none, leaving us under the vampires rule until she is discovered, which bearing in mind her birthday is this year, shall no doubt be soon. Then maybe ill meet my sister who was sent to find her, the sister I had not knew existed until my mother recently told me of my 11 years younger sibling, whom had been born the year I started my military training.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!!