Finding You

Chapter 2

The bell rung fiercely, as I arrived at the school gates panting and out of breath, having run all the way. I slowed my pace, knowing I would be late for class anyway and that my absence would not be noticed. My locker was crammed with loads of objects, it was the only place that in my mind was truly mine and I kept all my secrets there. I pulled out my new sketchbook, having finished the old one the day before and walked to class, deciding what to draw in my book as I walked.

I entered the classroom silently and took my seat at the back without anyone noticing that I was late, sighing in relief I opened my sketchbook and began to draw. The spirals erupted out of my hand and flowed onto my page, creating a stunning design upon the book without any effort made, the fountain pen I was using felt like just an extension of my hand. I stared down at my picture; it resembled my marks, and in the centre stood a large black jaguar (large cat not car), encaged by the swirls that were so similar to the ones that patterned my skin. I was surprised by the design, I had not planned it at all and yet it looked amazing as if I had spent ages on it! Looking up at the clock I realised that in fact the picture had taken me most off the lesson, yet the time seemed to fly by, it felt like I had been drawing for less than a minute.

The rest of the day passed like any another, extremely boring and full of taunts from my ‘brother’s’ crowd, but the picture haunted me all day long, making me spend most of the day studying my new creation. My trance was only broken when the bell rang for last lesson, signalling that I would final have to walk back to my own personal hell. Getting up to go to my locker our teacher asked us to wait for a moment before telling us we would have a new student joining us sometime this week, I groaned inwardly as that would mean someone new to taunt me and also one of the desks around me would be filled, popping my bubble of personal space. After being dismissed I walked quickly and silently out of the room, nobody seeming to notice; it’s always been something I’ve been able to do, walk around stealthy and unnoticed, just like a cat. Before cramming my art book into my locker I took one last look at my picture, then set of home, running in the hope of being the first there so I could lock myself in my room like always.
♠ ♠ ♠
sorry its short, it does get better, but i'm posting only every now and then so im more likely to get comments, but the more comments the more i post as i'm on about chapter 7 now!
xBx