Finding You

The Fire

Chapter 3

Locking my door behind me I sighed, I had made it! Thank god I’d got back before they got in. You see I’m adopted, abandoned, left for dead, what ever way you want to look at it, but either way I wish they had left me there, maybe a nicer family could have found me.

‘The cold rippled along the deserted street, seeming to flow like a cape in the wake of the stranger walking along the dull cobbles. His face was hidden by darkness, a sinister look that he preferred, and which suited his character perfectly. Each window frosted as he walked by, ice forming as if it was winter, creating a cold and chilling scene of a complete opposite nature to the one only houses away.
Hearing the sounds of the flames die down the stranger quickened his pace, knowing people would find his unfortunate victims soon. Death laid behind him, hidden in the small house that stood on the empty street corner, the situation unknown to all but him; to others it was a simple house fire, an unfortunate one at that.
Engulfed in the flames that the figure had started, the house held no resemblance to the beauty, a mere 10 minutes ago, it had held. Vines that previously clung to the structure, creating a cottage like look, lay crumpled and burnt upon the cracked paving below the devastating scene. Tree’s that lined the once perfect garden had started to burn, the flames licking the lower leaves, singing them before catching them alight with an almightily roar of protest.
Protected from the inferno only by the powers of her loving parents, the cut and bruised child lay a mere 3 years old next to her dead and smouldering loved ones. The smell that surrounded her was not of vanilla and flowers, as she would always remember; but was instead a horrific choking stench that filled her lungs like mustard gas. And she fell into a deep sleep immediately because of the chemicals that were left drifting in the mind-boggling haze that surrounded her unconscious and burnt body.
Watching from the sky the ravens cried in anger at the scene, unable to comprehend what they had just witnessed they flew away, escaping the flames. They wondered what they should do, but where cut unexpectedly and unkindly short. The bullets cut through the silence of the peaceful night sky, only a mile or so away from the catastrophe, and hit the two birds simultaneously, preventing the pesky creatures as the gunman had perceived them from coming down to eat his beloved crops, little did that farmer know that he had just altered a course of events beyond repair; devastating the Childs life from that day on.
The child awake to find herself in a new bed, stiff and unfamiliar, horrible and cold. The room she was in was simple, and extremely boring, immediately she did not like it, and had to work hard to restrain the tears that threatened to fall from her piercing green eyes.’ That was her first perception of her new life and she would later use the same description at the meeting of her new parents.

Remembering what I had been told of my parents death sent shivers up my spine, nobody had believed that I would remember the event, but the screaming of my parents pierced my unconscious form almost every night, until now; the new nightmare that took its place felt even more real. Searching under my small bed I found the sandwich I had hidden there earlier and started to eat, thinking about how I really needed to escape this hell before I turned insane.
♠ ♠ ♠
hi guys, i'd love to know my subscribers names so i can read there stuff and post there names here as a thanks, so post you names if you can! Hope you like it!
Beth