Finding You

The New Boy

Chapter 7

Reluctantly taking my seat at the back of the science lab, I sighed, knowing that soon my brother would be here to taunt me. Slowly the lab started to fill, each person adding a few decibels to the already painfully loud noise. Our teacher, Mrs Sileen, stood motionless at the front of the classroom, staring at the clock and waiting for the class to be quiet, as she did every lesson, eventually they did, but it was however not because of the teacher’s impatience. Instead their attention was caught by the boy stood in the doorway, whom the girls were staring at with flirtatious eyes and whom the boys were eyeing with pure hatred, because of the competition he would defiantly pose. Trying not to laugh at their reaction I took a quick glance around the room, trying to see where the new guy would sit, and immediately moaned in frustration when I realised the seat next to me was the only one free.

“You must be Ryan, I would appreciate punctuality from now on, however due to the fact that this is your first day I will excuse the matter. Now please take a seat, I see that the only one free is by Emily, you will be lab partners this year.” Her voice was sharp and full of authority, which surprised me so much that I did not realise what she said until Ryan came and sat next to me. Mumbling a simple hi I got out my art book and began to draw, purposely moving away from him. He was already in my bubble of space and I wanted him as far out as the rest of the class, no buts, he is a possible tormenter so why should I make it worse for myself?

My page stood blank before me, having screwed up my last few attempts, and I hit my head in anger, forgetting about the stranger next to me.
“Um are you alright, Emily isn’t it?” His voice sent shivers down my spine and my heartbeat sped, causing me to blush a light pink. Turning in my seat to speak to him, I noticed how my left arm stung slightly. Gritting my teeth against the pain I looked up into his dark brown eyes, seeing genuine concern within them. Aware of the eyes that were on us I nodded and turned back to my book, instantly starting to draw.
“She can be a bit of a mute, so I’d leave her alone.” Ari’s voice cut through my mind like a knife, causing me to whip round instantly to face the bitchy girl. Since when have I been mute, come on I know I don’t talk much but like who can I talk too?
“Seriously since when have I been mute? And oh my god what is that on your face!” I stared at her, pointing to the layers of crap, aka make up, on her face. Although she did not realise that! And immediately got her compact mirror out to find the inexistent spot. Laughing at my joke I turned back to my art book, and thought about how ridiculous it is that the girls put on so much make up when it looks terrible, well it does the way they wear it.

Aribella, known as ‘Ari’ to everyone, has always been a bitch to me. She was the first of the girls to go out with my ‘brother, so was the first to join in the taunts, her mob following not far behind her. A month later they split up and I had hoped she and her gang would stop, but my hope was wasted. Ever since she then, her and her group have treated me like crap, making me hate school even more. The fact that I had stood up to her was a first, normally I took her crap, not reacting at all and trying to ignore her snide remarks. Obviously my plan had worked and she was so worked up about her ‘spot’ that she had not even thought of a comeback, giving me the first sense of pride I’ve had in years.
♠ ♠ ♠
comments!!!!