Finding You

Emily

Chapter 8 – Ryan’s POV

Walking up to the door I took in a deep breath, preparing myself for the looks the guys would no doubt give me. As I stepped into the doorway a thick silence settled over the previously ear-splittingly loud room. Surveying the room I saw that everybody was staring at me with either awe or anger in their eyes, apart from one unusual girl. She sat with her long black hair falling over one side of her face, covering her eyes, but still revealing her perfect lips, which were at that time open in a slight giggle. Suddenly she seemed to break out of her thoughts and looked around the room, her hair moving as she did so, to reveal a pair of piercing green eyes, beautiful and suiting her perfectly. It’s strange, I’ve never felt a connecting with anyone before, but when I looked into her eyes I felt a strange sense of unity, as if we belong to some world that those around us do not.

“You must be Ryan, I would appreciate punctuality from now on, however due to the fact that this is your first day I will excuse the matter. Now please take a seat, I see that the only one free is by Emily, you will be lab partners this year.” The teachers’ stiff words pulled me out of my thoughts, making me focus upon her fragile figure that was swamped in a giant lab coat, that had been rolled up at the sleeves repeatedly to make it her size. Following her gaze I saw the girl I had been staring at, her face was blank and she looked lost in her thoughts. Around me people began to stare in jealousy at Emily, causing me to silently laugh at their competitiveness. As I sat down I turned to say hi and to introduce myself to Emily, but once more her cloak of hair hid her face before I could start a conversation. All I heard was an almost silent hi, before she started to draw in an open book, moving away from me as she did so.

Every now and then she would scrunch up her page and it would join the ever-growing pile beside her, causing her to get more frustrated each time. The class was boring, basically a lecture on behaviour with some chemical names in-between as she tried to get us to learn the periodic table. I’d learnt this at my other school, so did not pay much attention, and instead spent my time wondering what the smell was that lingered in the room. It’s sweet aroma filled my lungs like fire, causing my throat to burn painfully as I inhaled, but however much it hurt, the smell was addictive and I could not stop the part of me that uncontrollably wanted more.

Suddenly Emily groaned in frustration and started to hit her head, seeming to momentarily forget my presence.
“Um are you alright, Emily isn’t it?” At the sound of my voice she stopped and lowered her hand, before turning to face me, a slight blush playing upon her cheeks. Her jaw muscles clenched as she looked up, her right hand covering her left arm as she did so. Flitting around the room her eyes took in the people watching us, waiting for her reply, so she simply nodded before turning back to her picture, instantly scribbling down her latest idea.
“She can be a bit of a mute, so I’d leave her alone.” The girl behind me whispered the words in my ear, surprising me with her closeness. However even with the girl whispering Emily still heard and stared in shock at the girl before speaking.
“Seriously since when have I been mute? And oh my god what is that on your face!” Staring at the girls face I wondered what Emily was talking about, there was nothing apart from make up on her face, however the girl thought otherwise. I heard laughing next to me and turned back in my seat to see Emily laughing at he girls’ pathetic reaction before carrying on with her sketch, the teacher oblivious to the whole event. I’m defiantly going to get on with this girl.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments?!!