Finding You

Pictures

Chapter 9

I stayed silent for the rest of the lesson, feeling Ryan’s eyes upon me as I drew my picture. The eyes were the centrepiece of my design, and were surrounded by the same pattern that had flowed on to my page only a day before, but apart from that the two pictures held no similarities. Below the eyes was the nose; half covered in my design and then below that the mouth. However for some reason when I had sketched the mouth it did not look right, so I simply let my senses go, leaving my sub-conscious to finish the mesmerising face. The lips had looked bare, but now below them poked out two fangs, specks of blood flowing from them down the pale subjects fragile skin, before dripping menacingly down his chin. Looking into the eyes I gasped in horror, slowly starting to hyperventilate, before running out of the room; only seconds before the bell rang, and wishing all the way not to be noticed.

Standing at my locker out of breath and panting heavily I decided not to look at the picture here, just incase anyone saw, and instead decided to look again next lesson, where nobody would pay me any attention. Sitting down in my English seat I took a deep breath and checked my picture once more, hope filling my body while the fear pushed its way in. There looking at me from my book were a pair of soft brown eyes, surrounded by my exact mark pattern, with fangs poking out from between the slightly open lips. But the thing that shocked me most was the familiarity of the eyes, they stared at me with an intense longing hidden in them, but I’ve never had anybody look at me like that?! But the eyes belonged to Ryan, I’m almost certain, and although it is only a drawing I have a feeling that it’s more of a warning of sorts, and god am I heeding it.

I spent the rest of the day tactfully avoiding Ryan, although it pained me to see the hurt expression in his eyes when I ignored him, but I just could not understand why he was still talking to me. I’d already seen my ‘Brother’ talk to him. Most people would ignore me or treat me like crap after my ‘Brother’ ‘talked’ to them, and if they didn’t then they would get picked on too, surely Ryan realised that. Some people would try really hard at first to be my friend, but after a while they gave up, bored of the silent treatment they received from me, and sick of the taunts from others. But now, they one guy who mesmerises me with every glance into his golden brown eyes, is the one guy who frightens me most, the one I want to let in, but the one I must push out the most too. Why does my life have to be so pointless, will I ever find where I belong?
♠ ♠ ♠
Comments!!!