Sequel: The Harsh Truth
Status: complete.

Mysophobia

Averi

“Your boyfriend sounds like a bitch,” David laughs.

“He is,” I say with a slight shrug. “But that’s why I like him.”

David gives me one of those you-really-are-weird looks before turning back to play video games. He and I played video games for hours. My mother had to remind us not to scream profanity loud enough for the entire town to hear.

“I’ll see you tomorrow,” David says before throwing his arms around me. I tensed at first but slowly hugged him back. “Bye buddy!”

“Bye,” I wave and watch as David gets into his car to leave. I walked back inside then and glanced towards the clock. It wasn’t too late so I didn’t to call Skyler. I waited and waited…and waited…but he didn’t answer.

I wonder what he’s doing…

I sigh before going back up to my room. There I curled up under the covers and fell asleep.

~

It’s been a few days since David and I have met. He has come over my house everyday, or I went over to his. He was a really cool guy and I could now claim him as my new best friend. I haven’t gotten teased much since he’s gotten here, since he’s like a damn ninja and can do karate no one bothers us.

“You calling your boyfriend again?” David asks, almost disappointed.

I nod before answering, “I have to.”

“Why?”

I shrug. “I’m not really sure. I just feel like I s-Hey Sky!”

Skyler groaned from the other line, “You don’t have to be so loud.”

“Yes I do. So I was thinking we should start that phone sex now.”

Skyler choked. I laughed as he coughed continuously before regaining his breath and yelling, “T-That’s disgusting!”

I laugh before looking towards David and asking, “Davie is it disgusting to have phone sex?”

David made sure to shout loud enough so Skyler could hear, “No!”

“David’s there?” Skyler asks.

“Yeah,” I answer as I throw on a video game for him. David smiles as he begins to play. I take a seat on my bed Indian style and rest the phone between my ear and shoulder so I can play. “We’re playing video games.”

“That’s…cool.”

“You sound mad. Is something wrong?” I ask, noticing the slight anger in his voice.

“No, nothing’s wrong,” Skyler answers with a sigh.

“Doesn’t sound like nothing to me.”

“It’s nothing.”

“Mhm, you’re lying. I admit that I’m stupid, but I’m not that stupid.”

“Nothing’s wrong Averi!”

I actually winced. Skyler just…yelled at me. Skyler never yells at me. He has never raised his voice towards me. If he has it was always because he was embarrassed, never mad.

I frown before mumbling, “Sorry.”

Skyler groaned on the other line before speaking, “No I’m sorry…I shouldn’t have yelled.”

The rest of our conversation was kind of awkward. Every time I spoke I was hesitant. I was scared that I’d say something to upset him again and have him yell at me. Him getting mad at me isn’t a good thing.

Our conversation was short. Actually most of our conversations now days were short, Sky always seemed angry or more bitchy then normal when we talked. I was beginning to wonder if I had done something wrong to make him angry with me.

After we hung up David looked back at me and asked, “Your boyfriend mad at you?”

“I think so,” I answer with a scowl. “I don’t even know what I did wrong. What a bitch.”

David laughed before saying, “You’re so oblivious Ave.”

“What?”

“Nothing, never mind!” David says with a goofy grin. I raise an eyebrow as he goes back to playing the video game, leaving me confused.

Does he know why Sky is mad at me? Damn it if he does he better tell me!

“Do you know why Sky is mad at me?” I ask him as I jumped off my bed to take a seat next to him on the floor.

David’s grin only widened before he spoke, “Averi I must so that you’re the most oblivious person I’ve ever met.”

“Hey!” I shout. “I am not!”

David only chuckled and again I was left confused.
♠ ♠ ♠
Comment&Subscribe!
Hehe I love David
He's a sneaky lil booger =D