Sequel: Nothing's Ever Over

Before It's Over

And Now My Goodbye

The five of us talked as the line inch forward slowly, touching on every topic we could think of. Travis and Danny were friendly and cheerful. They seemed like a contrast to the personalities of the two boys standing opposite them. They cracked a lot of jokes and never left their smiles slip from their mouths. When we finally got our food, Travis invited us to sit with him and the rest of the band. I quickly accepted for the boys and we headed over to one of the tables.

Travis introduced us to the Thomsen brothers, Hunter and Drew. Like their band mates the brothers were welcoming and friendly. I watched in amusement as the six guys discussed the food on their plates and the bands they wanted to see today. I was content sitting back in my chair and watching the conversation, making my input where it was necessicary.

"So, Avery, you coming to our set today? You guys could hang on the side of the stage." Drew asked.

"Yeah! That sounds great. When do you guys play?" I asked leaning my elbows on the scorching table.

"We're on the Hurley Stage at 3:15," Travis answered. He was gathering his trash, as was Danny.

"Do we know when we go on yet?" I asked my brother. He too was gathering his plate.

"Um," Aiden started, crumbs of something falling from his overstuffed mouth. "No. Not yet."

As if on cue Alicia, one member of the Warped staff, was approaching our table, clipboard in hand. Alicia was one of the people responsible for telling bands when they were playing. Yesterday she had caught us while we were still half asleep in the van. Today she had to find us and I kinda felt bad for making her do so.

"Hey, Alicia!" I greeted as she reached the table.

Alicia greeted our table with a smile and acknowledged the boys of We The Kings. "Hey. Just wanted to let you know you guys are playing an early set today. You're on the SmartPunk stage at 10:30. Okay? First set."

"Alright," I said as I watched Alicia write something on her clipboard. "Do you know what time it is now?"

Alicia placed her clipboard under her arm and brought her left wrist level with her eyes. She squinted at the watch around her wrist before letting her arm drop and removing her clip board from under her arm.

"It's 9:00."

I saw Aiden's face drop and knew immediately he was worried about time. We had yet to set our merch tent up and we had no idea where Ross and Adam were. I thanked Alicia who nodded and walked over to another band I didn't recognize. I apologized to the We The Kings guys and excused myself and my band mates. We stood, threw away our trash and started heading towards our van.

Shane didn't seem in much of a hurry. He walked at a normal pace with his hands in his pockets. Aiden on the other hand walked briskly causing his hair to flail out behind him. He reached the van first and let out a sigh when he saw Ross and Adam were already unloading the trailer. Aiden thanked them and told us to start taking stuff over to the SmartPunk stage for our set.

"I am so glad you guy were still here," I said to Ross as I picked up my snare. "I think Aiden would have flipped his lid if you weren't"

Ross struggled with my floor tom as he walked beside me. "Yeah we thought as much. Adam suggested we start unloading." Ross paused for a moment to adjust the drum in his arms. "So am I gonna get details on the Suarez encounter or what?"

The moment he asked the question, the smile on my face grew and I let out a small giggle. "Of course you would ask. Why didn't I see it coming?"

"So spill Ave."

"I was leaning on their bus," I stated as we approached the stage. "He kinda just appeared and asked if I was alright."

I glanced at Ross just as a breeze cam from off the San Francisco Bay. His hair whipped around his smiling face and his nose crinkled. He placed the drum on the ground next to Aiden who was speaking to one of Warped's roadies. Aiden noticed this and motioned for the roadie to grab the snare from my hands. He did so and I nodded in thanks.

"Why were you leaning on the bus?" Ross asked as we turned to get more equipment.

I was silently debating whether to tell Ross about my Kyle encounter. Sure there was somewhat of a trust factor. He was my best friend, but he was also a boy on a mission. Ross, along with Shane and Adam, was dead set on getting me a boyfriend this summer. They didn't know I was dead set on not getting a boyfriend. I would have pondered further, but Ross knew me too well.

"Oh my God! You were hiding! You had a boy with you!" Ross's demeanor brightened and he almost skipped on the way to the van. "Who was it?"

"Ross, you're a bit too excited. Calm down, it was just Kyle."

"Kyle Burns? The guy you met last night? Oh, Ave, he so liked you."

I rolled my eyes and jogged the few steps to the trailer. I picked up one of my toms and Ross picked up Shane's bass. It didn't stay in his hand very long. Shane came up behind Ross and yanked the case from his grip. He then stormed off towards the stage, a deep, angry frown etched into his features.

"I can't believe you picked up his bass!" I exclaimed, laughing as Ross stood in shock.

"I can't believe I did either! You think he'll beat me up?"

I laughed and shook my head. Ross shook the shock from his face and picked up my other tom, the last of our instruments. We headed back to the stage and readied ourselves for the set and the rest of the day.
♠ ♠ ♠
Kinda a filler.
But it gives you a bit of insight on the guys in the band's character.
I have alot planned for Ross. He's so cute and I love writing him.
He's like my baby boy. heehee
Comments? Critique? Corrections?

Ask Kyle and Avery questions!