Sequel: Nothing's Ever Over

Before It's Over

If You Don't Mind

Kyle's cheeky comment caused a blush to rise in my cheeks. I scoffed and tried to seem like Kyle wasn't absolutely correct. I turned to the band again, away from Kyle and Kevin. The boys were playing the same song still.

So, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Go ahead and lower it down.
Lower it down
just a little bit,
just a little bit.


I recognized the song as the one I had heard earlier today. I smiled and continued to watch the set. Kyle was talking to Kevin beside me. I could hear the mumble of their voices over the sound of the music and fans singing along, but I couldn't tell what they were saying. The song ended and another started. Jonathan stood up on his chair, which was now turned around and positioned closer to the crowd.

Hey.
You always seem to catch me when I'm lying


Jonathan's voice didn't come seeing as he was holding his mic towards the crowd. I laughed when I saw him fumbling with the mic cord. A few people in the front of the crowd were laughing as well. Kyle now held the video camera hand and was moving about behind the band.

Go ahead and buy yourself a drink,
'cause you know you're deserving of it.
Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep,
And think how you hate me so bad.


Jonathan's next action caused a bit of a commotion. As he went into a few do do do's, Jonathan stood on his chair a bit too quickly. He lost his balance and fell off the chair. His hand shot out over the crowd and onto a girls head to support him. He recovered quickly and stood back onto his chair, seemingly ignoring the loud laugh that came from Austin. As Caleb continued into the second chorus, Jonathan stepped away from his spot. He moved to one side of the crowd and high-fived the fans seated there. Austin was whispering something to Robi who nodded and then grabbed Jonathans chair and pulled it back into its original position. Robi motioned Kyle over to tape Austin. Jonathan returned quickly and turned his wooden chair around again. He messed with the chairs position for a bit and Caleb even paused to adjust it before waving it off and returning to his guitar. After a bit more adjusting, Jonathan was comfortable enough to stand back up on his chair and the song continued normally.

Go ahead and buy yourself a drink,
'cause you know you're deserving of it.
Go ahead and cry yourself to sleep,


Jonathan held the mic out to the crowd and they finished.

And think how you hate me so bad.

Two more choruses followed and the song was over. Kyle pressed a button on the video recorder and lowered it. He made his way back over to me as the boys asked the crowd what they wanted to hear. As Kyle got closer his smile got wider and I felt one sneaking on my face as well.

"So how do ya like it?" he asked, taking a spot beside me.

"They're good. I like 'em. How's Jonathan?"

Kyle laughed and messed with his hair. "He's fine – a bit embarrassed – but fine."

I laughed. The crowd was now screaming things like 'Coffee Break' and other things I couldn't make out. I furrowed my brows and tried to decipher what they were saying. Something patted my thigh and I looked down. Kyle was seated on the pavement next to me. He pointed at the ground, telling me to sit down beside him, with a childish grin on his face. I rolled my eyes for no reason and sat pretzel style next to Kyle.

"I think you should come to our electric set some time. I know you said you don't plan on watching any sets. But what kind of Warped experience would it be if you didn't? You need to really take this in, Ave. Warped Tour is great. You should enjoy it. Ya know?" Kyle's eyes never glanced at me as he spoke, but my eyes remained on him the entire time.

Kyle's small speech made me realize how horrible it was for me to be around him. He was everything I needed to be against. He was everything I vowed against. He was all about having fun and I was all about proving myself. I sighed and pulled my eyes away from Kyle's profile. I knew I had to stop this. My attention was turned to Austin as he messed around with an Avril Levigne song.

"Alright! She's a Lady!" Jonathan shouted into the mic. The crowd cheered and Kyle stood, turning on the camera again. Jonathan rested a foot on his chair and said, "This one's originally by Miley Cyrus. Ya'll sing along."

The crowd cheered again and the boys immediately flowed into the song.

I'm in love with a girl I hate.
She enjoys pointing out
Every bad thing about me.
I'm in love with a critic and a skeptic.
A traitor.
I'd trade her in a second


"Yes sir!"

"Heck yeah!"

I laughed and watched as Kyle filmed the boys. I could tell he was enjoying the performance. The smile on his face was wide and wrinkled his cheeks. He moved between Jonathan and Caleb to film Caleb's guitar playing.

"How 'bout our drummer, Kyle, for video taping," Jonathan said, receiving another cheer from the crowd.

As I watched an embarrassed smile spread across Kyle's lips, I felt my insides twist. That one feeling was my cue to leave. I couldn't sit here and let myself smile because Kyle was smiling. I couldn't stay and get to know his band mates. I couldn't stay and laugh at Kyle's antics. I couldn't do any of those things, because it would go against everything I had promised myself.

I stood from my spot on the asphalt quietly, making sure I didn't attract anyone's eyes. I tried to be as casual as possible as I walked to the side of the tent. I made my way around the crowd and breathed a sigh of relief when I was far enough away from the Skull Candy tent. I shoved my hands deep into the pockets of my shorts and continued on the way to our merch tent.

When I returned, I noticed Aiden had not moved from his spot since I left. He looked much cooler now and his water bottle was now empty on the ground beside him. When he noticed me approaching he sat up in his seat with a concerned look on his face. I wondered if I looked upset to him.

"How was the set?" he asked as I took my seat next to him.

"Good," I answered simply.

"Are you okay?" His question made me grimace.

"Why? Do I look upset or something?" I brought my hand to my cheek, as if feeling it would tell me my expression.

"No, but you were doing that thing that you do when you're worried about something. Something on your mind?"

"What is it I do when I'm worried?" I asked, curious.

"Well, you furrow your brows and scrunch your nose and lift the left side of your mouth a bit and you look like you're about poke holes through your pockets."

I subconsciously pulled my hand from my pocket and my other from my cheek I laced the two together and put them in my lap. I looked at Aiden, who was smiling at me encouragingly, and assured him I was fine and that nothing was on my mind. The truth was that there was something on my mind. Rather, someone.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm soooooo behind on updates.
Normally I'm two chapters ahead of the ones posted.
But I haven't even finished 10 yet.
So comment to get me motivated guys!

Ask Kyle and Avery questions!

*edit