I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 1

They had been going out for the longest time. To the outside world, everything seemed perfect, flawless even, like there was nothing wrong. But only they knew better, at least, one of them did…the other? Well, he was oblivious to the fact that his relationship was shaky.

Jade Puget knew his relationship was a miracle in itself, since it was only held together by thin strings. He also knew that his relationship wasn’t like it used to be. Loving. No, that had stopped long ago. He was becoming tired of getting hurt. Of being in pain. None of his bandmates knew or even realized what he was going through. If there was anything wrong or he just needed to talk to someone, there only seemed to be one person who could help him. His best friend and fellow bandmate, Davey Havok. The two of the had gotten close over the years, not as close as Jade would like, but still. They had gotten to know more about each other, especially when Jade joined AFI.

Today, after a rough morning, Jade felt he needed Davey. To tell him what happened, even though he knew he shouldn’t. He had gotten up earlier than usual, earlier than his current boyfriend, Damian. But as he had been getting dressed, Damian had woken up.

“What are you doing?” Damian sat up in bed, eying his lover warily.

“Getting dressed.” Jade didn’t bother looking at him, at least, not at the moment.

“I guess you didn’t understand me, Jade. What I meant was, where are you going?”

“If you have to know, I promised Hunter I was going to meet him at the mall to help him find a present for Adam. I don’t know when I’ll be back.” He stands up and stretches, causing muscles to ripple on his bare chest.

“And why do you have to go with him?” Damian looked at him, clearly getting angry. Jade met his gaze, saw the hint of anger gleaming in his partner’s eyes and quickly averted his gaze. He shrugged and walked into the closet, looking for a shirt.

“Because I’m his friend and friends help each other out, all right?” Jade was starting to get angry as well. He knew that he should calm down, but with Damian, that was asking the impossible.

“What did you just say to me?” Damian had gotten up and was standing at the closet doorway.

“I’m pretty sure you heard me,” Jade replied coolly, pulling down a shirt from the top rack.

“Haven’t I told you before…” he takes a step closer to Jade, causing Jade to flinch and step back, the tiniest hint of fear flickering in his eyes before he masked it. “To never talk back to me?”

“Is that what I did?” Jade replied, still taking steps back until he ran into the wall.

“Yes, Jade, dear, that’s exactly what you did.” He smiled, making Jade shiver. He walked closer to him, watching in satisfaction as he saw his lover shrink into the wall. “What’s wrong, Jade?”

“Nothing.” Jade rose, not that it made much of a difference, since he was shorter than Damian.

“Don’t tell me you’re afraid of me, Jade.” Damian grabbed Jade’s arms, pushing him against the wall in a viselike grip.

“I’m…not.” Jade winced at the pain searing through his upper arms.

Damian tightened his grip and brought his face closer to Jade’s, lightly brushing his lips over Jade’s cheek. “Jade, I’m not hurting you, am I?”

Jade bit back a gasp of pain and shook his head, tightly closing his eyes.

“Good. Now, are you still you to go with Hunter?”

By this point, Jade had finally had enough. He opened his eyes and glared at Damian. “Yes.” He watched in fascination as Damian’s eyes grew wide. For you see, this was the first time Jade had…stood up for himself?

“What did you say?”

“I said I’m still going to go with Hunter. And I don’t care if you don’t like it. Cause personally, I don’t give a damn what you think anymore. I’m fucking tired of you putting me down all the time. I’ve finally had enough. Now, let me go.” Jade shoved him away, catching him off guard and causing him to stumble. Jade walked away, leaving Damian lying on the floor, staring at him in disbelief.

“Jade! Get back here!” Jade turned and watched Damian walk back into the living room. “I’m sorry.”

Jade just stood there, shaking his head. “Damian, you say that every fucking time after we argue. And quite frankly, I’m tired of it.”

“But, Jade, this time, I mean it.”

“Really? You’re not just saying that to make me forgive you so you can hurt me yet again. I don’t think so, Damian.”

“What are you talking about, Jade? I would never hurt you.”

“You say you would never hurt me? Then what is this?” Jade lifted his shirt to show his stomach, which then revealed a cut about six inches long that was still fresh but had a scab protecting it. The cut was a few inches away from his heart. “You did this to me a few days ago, when you came home drunk and just so happened to find a knife.”