I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 10

Jade finished talking with his brother, and feeling a bit better than when he had when he woke up, headed towards the middle of the bus, where he found the guys hanging out.

"Hey, you want to play a game of Mario Kart?" Hunter asked, turning to look at him.

"Sure, why not?" Jade replied, walking over to sit next to him.

He didn't notice that Davey hadn't blinked since he walked in and that he was watching him closely. Even though I know it's wrong, I can't help what I'm starting to feel for you, he said to himself, sending a wrenching ache towards his heart.

"Davey? It's your move," Adam said, freeing him from his trance.

"Huh? What?" he asked, blinking rapidly and shaking his head to clear his mind.

"It's your move. Are you okay?" he asked, looking at him worriedly.

"Yeah, I'm fine," he replied, focusing his thoughts away from Jade.

"Jade, are you going to play or not?" Hunter asks, handing him a controller.

"Yeah, sorry. I just have a lot on my mind," Jade replies, jerking out of his trance. What the hell is happening? Why is this happening? he asked himself, sitting down next to Hunter and starting to play.

"You're like out of it and yet you still manage to beat me. How is that?" Hunter asked, amused.

"I don't know. It just happened. Look, I'm not feeling well, I'm going to go lie down," Jade said, standing up and started towards the back of the bus.

"Jade, what's wrong?" Adam asked, looking up where he was still playing checkers with Davey.

"Nothing, I'm fine," Jade lied, pushing the door that separated the middle of the bus from the bunks. He closed the door behind him and walked towards his bunk, pushing aside the curtain and crawling inside. He pulls the curtain in front of the bunk and curled into a small ball, tears starting to stream down his cheeks.

What am I going to do? he asked himself, his eyes tightly closed.

Start a new life. That's what you need to do, a voice in his head whispered back to him.

I can't. Not with this stuff troubling me.

Yes, you can. But you won't if you don't try. Give it a shot. Maybe things will change and you will end up with the one person who truly means everything to you. Davey.

What if he doesn't want anything with me? Then what will I do? And then there's this whole 'I'm getting stalked by my psycho ex-boyfriend who wants revenge,' thing that I have to deal with. What am I going to do?

All this will pass. Don't base your future happiness on things that can be overcome. Don't let this minor setback take charge of your life.

Minor setback? Are you kidding me? Minor my ass. And it's easier said than done. How the hell I'm I supposed to ignore all of this? It's not that easy. And who knows how long it'll take for this to pass. Weeks, months, years.