I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 11

The weeks that followed were a blur and to Jade's relief, nothing happened that was cause for alarm. Although, to his distress, Davey started talking less and less to him as the weeks progressed, something that seemed impossible, since they were on the same bus literally night and day. It was after the first three weeks that it really started to get to Jade.

"I don’t know what to do anymore," Jade said, confiding in someone that he had gotten to trust over the weeks.

"Just talk to him, Jade. Others have noticed that you're getting more and more distraught over this. You need to talk to him. Get to know what is bothering him so that it can be fixed between the two of you," Gerard Way advised from where they were sitting outside on a bench. The two of them had gotten to be great friends through the beginning of the tour and it also turned out that Gerard knew how to keep a secret, something he wished Hunter and Adam knew how to do.

"That's the problem, Gerard, I don't know what to say to him. The more I get near him, the farther away he gets," Jade said, putting his face in his hand.

Gerard didn't say anything, just pulled out a cigarette from his pocket and slowly lit it. "I don't know then. Give him a few days, then try talking to him," he replied, exhaling smoke.

"A few more days? Gerard, I've given him three weeks. I think that's long enough," Jade said, standing up. "I've got to go now. I'll see you later and thanks for talking with me."

"It's no biggie. I've got to go get ready for a show anyway. I'll see you later and tell me how it goes, all right?" Gerard said, standing up as well.

"How what goes?" Jade asked, confused.

"Your conversation with Davey," Gerard replied before walking away.

Now that was weird, Jade said to himself before heading inside the tour bus. As he was nearing it, he heard a slight rustling in the bushes and decided to go see what it was.