I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 13

As they were walking out of the bus, Jade and Adam noticed Gerard and Mikey Way heading towards their bus.

"Hey, Jade. Hey, Adam," Gerard said, grinning. "Is something wrong? You two are looking a bit down?" he asked, his smile starting to falter.

"Remember how I told you that a few months ago I split up with this boyfriend of mine?" Jade started, looking at the ground.

"Yeah, what's that have to do with all of this," Gerard asked, sounding confused.

"He kidnapped Davey," Adam said, finishing what Jade had started.

"What?!" Gerard said, literally yelling by then.

"Umm…I'm confused," Mikey, Gerard's younger brother said, scratching his head. "Who kidnapped who?"

"Mikey, just stand there and look pretty," Jade said, trying to lighten the mood.

Mikey just shrugged and replied, "Now, that I can do. I was born to look pretty."

"Whatever, Mikey," Gerard said, brushing him off. "But, what are you guys going to do? You have a show in an hour."

"We're going to have to cancel it. We hate to do it, but there's no other way," Adam explained, starting to walk towards the side entrance of the building they were scheduled to be playing at. "We were just about to go talk to the person in charge to tell them we have to cancel."

Jade, Mikey, and Gerard followed Adam inside, each pulling out ear-plugs to put on as they neared the stage. They went and stood next to the stage, watching the current band, The Redjumpsuit Apparatus, playing.

"Hey, they're pretty good," Jade said, entranced with the song that they were playing that reminded him of something. "What's this song called?" Jade asked Gerard, who was nodding his head along with the music.

"I think that Ronnie said it's called, 'Face Down.' It's pretty good," Gerard replied, looking down at him.

"It is very good," Jade agreed.

They waited about fifteen minutes until their set was over before talking to Juan, the one who was in charge. Jade stopped a few of the guys from the band who had just played and complimented them on their set.

"You guys were really good. I loved that song, 'Face Down.' I guess it's just because I can relate to it," Jade explained, shaking their hands.

"Thank you. The guys love your band. I do too. Where's Davey, though?" the singer, Ronnie, said, turning a slight reddish color.

"Thanks. Um…Davey isn't feeling well at the moment. That's why Adam and me are here so early before our set, we have to cancel tonight's show," Jade explained, feeling the sting of hurt.

"Oh, that sucks. Tell Davey we hope he feels better," the bass player, Elias, said.

"I will," Jade promised, jumping when he heard his phone ring. He quickly answered it and heard Hunter on the other end.

"Hey, where are you at? I'm over at the bus and I can't find any of you," Hunter said, sounding grumpy.

"Adam and I are at the stage. We have to discuss something with Eron," Jade explained, mouthing 'bye' to the guys as they started to walk away.

"About what?" Hunter asked.

"Davey. We can't find him," Jade said, starting to get angry.

"Have you tried calling him?"

"Not yet. And that's because we not only can't find him, but Damian kidnapped him because he's angry that I care more about Davey than I have ever cared about him," Jade said quickly.

"Wait, our singer is kidnapped?" Hunter asked incredulously.

"Unfortunately, he is," Jade replied sadly.

"What are we going to do?"

"We have to cancel the show and I think I may have a clue as to where he's at," Jade said, hoping his instincts and memory were right.

"Where?"

"Damian mentioned that he had a small house around here when we first started going out. He even gave me the address a while back, I'm just trying to remember it," Jade explained.

"At least that's something and something is better than nothing. Well, I'm heading over there now. I'll see you in a few," Hunter said before hanging up.

***

"Um, Jade? Are you sure this is the place? Sure looks kinda weird to me," Adam said, looking around cautiously, not that anyone blamed him. Jade had finally remembered the address to the house that Damian owned, and surprise, surprise: it was a creepy old two-story farmhouse with the front porch sagging, window shutters half loose with quite a few holding onto the house with one hinge. There were trees that semi-covered the front entrance and others that surrounded the house, their branches hitting the house every time the wind blew.

"Yeah, I am. I remember him even telling me it was an old farmhouse. At the time, I was blinded by stupidity, that I didn't even think it was weird to hear him say he had a farm. But, yeah, I'm sure that this is the creepy place he was describing a few months ago," Jade replied, looking up in disgust at the ancient farmhouse.

"So, what are the odds that Davey is in there?" Hunter asked, looking around, his hands in his hoodie pocket.

"Odds are quite high," Jade muttered, finally having the courage to climb up the stairs to the porch. "So, what are we waiting for? Let's go and get Davey."

The three of them stepped slowly into the house and as they were about to shut the door, Jade felt his phone start vibrating. Crossing his fingers and hoping that it was Davey, he pulled it out and quietly answered.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Jade, where'd you and the guys run off too? I just talked to Eron and he said that you guys had to cancel the show. What's going on?" Smith asked, worried.

"We just had to take care of some business," Jade said.

"What business?" Smith asked curiously.

"We had to look for Davey. He kinda, um, disappeared. Well, truth is, he was kidnapped, so we're looking for him," Jade said, pushing back a curtain blocking a doorway. "Eww, that's just gross."

"Where are you," Smith demanded.

"Some farmhouse a few miles away from the theater," Jade replied. "Supposedly, Damian owns it and we think that this is where we think he has him."

"Damian did it? Fuck, Jade, I told you to press charges on him like a month ago! Now you see what fucking happened?"

"Hey, don't go blaming me for this, all right? It's not my fault this dude is twisted," Jade snapped. "Now, are you going to come or not?"

"Yeah, where is it at? I'll take a few people with me," Smith replied.

Jade quickly gave him the address and then hangs up. He turns and finds that both Hunter and Adam were nowhere in sight. "Fucking great. I get distracted for one fucking minute and then they up and disappear as well. Oh joy. Now I'm stuck here in this place along," Jade muttered to himself, slowly walking around the room and the rest of the downstairs area before heading upstairs.