I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 14

"Hey, guys, where are you?" Jade whispered, looking around. No one answered and he started freaking out even more. He slowly pushed open the door to a room and nearly had a heart attack.

"Boo!" Hunter yelled, popping out.

"What the hell is wrong with you? You nearly killed me," Jade snapped, punching him but relieved that he wasn't alone anymore. "Where's Adam?"

"Right here. How freaked out were you, Jade?" Adam asked, appearing behind Hunter.

"I wasn't scared, who said I was scared?" Jade lied.

"Sure did look like it to me. Now, come on, let's go save Davey," Hunter said, placing an arm on Jade's shoulder.

"Thought you two forgot what we're here for in the first place," Jade muttered, heading to the next room.

"Course not, how could we possibly forget about our dear friend," Adam said, clutching his heart.

The three of them quickly searched the rest of the house and finally realized that there was in fact an attic and basement. "Let's go up first and check up there," Jade suggested.

"How about we split up?"

"How about, no? Three is an odd number, and knowing the two of you, you'd go together, leaving me alone. So the answer is, hell no," Jade replied, glaring at them.

"Fine, I was just kidding, anyway. Please, like I'd like to split up. There's something wrong with you if you think I would go roam around this fucking house alone," Hunter said, shuddering.

"Are we just going to sit here and talk about it, or are we actually going to go up?" Adam asked, already halfway up the stairs.

"Let's go."

***

"You see anything?" Smith asked, turning to look at Gerard and Mikey Way, who had accompanied him.

"That it?" Gerard asked, pointing to a isolated farmhouse surrounded by trees.

"He said it was surrounded by trees making it look like a miniature forest," Smith replied, remembering what his brother had told him about the house and how it looked. "Well, here we go. You guys ready?"

"Yup. As ready as I'll ever be," Gerard replied, taking a glance over at his brother before asking, "What about you Mikey?"

"Um, remember how earlier Jade just told me to stand there and look pretty? Can I do it here? Just sit here and look pretty?" Mikey replied hesitantly.

"You'd rather die boringly or would you rather die with some action?" Gerard asked, grinning.

"Let's get this fucking show on the road," Mikey said, taking a deep breath before pushing open the car door and stepping out. "I can't believe I let myself get talked into this," he muttered under his breath so that no one heard him.

"Right, so, Mikey, you just stay with Gerard and go in through the front door. And I'll head in through the back and check things out to make sure none of them are like trapped or something," Smith said, indicating towards the overgrown hedges that covered the back fences.

"All right. You sure you want to go alone?" Gerard asked him, looking quite uncertain.

"Yeah, I am. I've got to find Davey," Smith said, knowing that if he did, he might just happen to help out his brother.

"Don't we all," Mikey asked.

"Mikey, shut up," Gerard said, punching him.

"Dude, if you keep hitting me, I'm gonna tell mom," Mikey warned him, rubbing his arm.

"Oh, I'm so scared. Please, like mom would do anything to me," Gerard said, rolling his eyes.

"Will you two stop it? Now hurry up, I thought you came to help me out," Smith snapped before turning and disappearing into the backyard.

"He has such a great aura," Mikey mused, shaking his head.

"He's just worried. Now, come on, let's see if we can find Jade and the others," Gerard said, grabbing his brother's arm and dragging him up the front steps.