I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 16

Suddenly, the whole world seemed to go into slow motion and Davey watched in horror as the one person who was starting to mean the world to him and Damian slowly collapsed onto the floor.

"Davey, I'm sorry," Jade whispered, trying to stay conscious.

Davey managed to crawl to his friends' side and put his head onto his lap. Brushing aside his blond fringe, he gently caressed his cheek with his thumb, a single tear starting to slide down his cheek. "Jade, please don't leave me," he whispered, noticing the blood from his wound starting to stain and spread on his dark shirt. "Please, just try and manage until someone comes. Please."

"Davey, I don't know if I can. It hurts. I love you," Jade whispered, raising his hand and brushing his thumb against Davey's lips.

"I love you, too. Now, please, don't fucking leave me. Not when we just said that for the first time to each other," Davey whispered.

"Who knew that it would take a bullet to get us to say those three little words to each other," Jade said, trying to lighten the mood.

Davey let out a small laugh and replied, "Yeah, now if only we can manage to say it again to each other after this without the bullet."

"Jade! Oh. My. God, what happened?" Smith asked from where he had suddenly appeared at the doorway.

"Um, bro? I'm lying here on the floor with a hole in my stomach that isn't my belly button and yet you still ask, What happened? Hello, I was shot," Jade said, drawing in a sharp breath after saying that.

"Call an ambulance, Smith," Davey ordered. "I'm not about to lose him. Not now, not ever."

"Please tell me you two finally realized something about each other," Smith said, looking hopeful.

"Ambulance," Davey reminded him.

"Right. Sorry, Jade."

"Don’t worry about me, I'll be just fine lying here in the dirt with a hole in my fucking stomach. Call the damn ambulance, Smith!" Jade growled, clenching his teeth together against the pain.

***

"Whoa, Jade, bud, you look like shit," Gerard said as soon as he walked into the hospital room Jade had been put in.

"And you…don't. Why doesn't that surprise me," Jade asked with a grin.

Gerard shrugged and his eyes then lit up when he saw Davey sitting beside the bed, holding Jade's hand. "So, I see things worked out?"

"Yeah, took a bullet for us to realize how we felt," Davey said, smiling.

"I can see that. So, Jade, when are you getting out of here?"

"In about a week.

"That seems like forever. So, tell me, what did they do to Damian?"

"Oh, he got arrested and they wouldn't let him out on bail. He's going to trial next month on charges for two attempted manslaughter in the first degree," Jade replied, gently squeezing Davey's hand.

"You gonna testify against him?"

"Uh, duh. Hopefully he'll be locked up for awhile. I never want to see his face. Again."

"I'm sure. Well, I have to get going. I have to be the one who tells the fans that you're still not feeling well and whatnot," Gerard said, taking a step towards the door.

"Tell them that I'm really sorry about all of this and that…Better yet, let me write them a letter so that you can read it to them. How's that?"

"Sounds fine to me. Just don't take forever. Mikey's in the waiting room. He's not to fond of hospitals. Last time he had to come was when he got semi-electrocuted by shoving a fork into a plugged in toaster. Yeah that wasn't fun…for either of us" Gerard said, shaking his head.

"Mikey shoved a fork into a toaster?" Davey asked, amused.

"Yeah, in a moment of stupidity. But then again, that's like every day. You tell him to go to the roof and jump, he'll do it, just as long as you mention that the whole height thing is just an illusion," Gerard said, frowning.

By the time Jade finished writing the note and had handed it to Gerard, Davey got a phone call from Adam, telling him to turn on the TV and to put it on Fuse. When they did, Jade leaned back against the bed, in shock.