I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 17

Nothing from nowhere, I'm nothing at all.
Radiate, recognize
One silent call
As we all form one dark flame.
Incinerate.
Love your hate, your faith lost.
You are now one of us!


"Oh. My. God," Jade whispered, still in shock over the fact that a group of their fans had joined together in front of the hospital Jade was in to sing.

"You're telling me. Those guys really want you all back," Gerard noted, staring at the TV.

"I have to get out! Davey, we need to go down," Jade said, starting to push away the covers on the bed.

"Yeah, we do. But we're not," Davey said, standing up and pushing Jade back against the bed.

"And why not?" Jade demanded, looking up at him.

"Because, you're hurt. And if you move around a lot, you're going to injure yourself more, therefore, slowing down your recovery," Davey reminded him, his hand on Jade's shoulder.

"Can we ask a doctor if I can go down? Please," Jade asked, looking up at Davey with pleading eyes.

Davey finally sighed and nodded. "Fine. But only for a little while, that is, if the doctor agrees," Davey said, leaning down and giving Jade a short kiss on his lips.

"Aww…that's so cute," Gerard said, clapping his hands.

"Shut up, Gerard," Jade and Davey both said at the same time.

"Damn, you two didn't have to gang up on me at the same time," Gerard said, backing up against the wall.

"Gerard, just shut up. Please. Now, I'll be right back, I have to go get the doctor and ask him," Davey said, brushing back Jade's fringe so he could look him in the eyes.

"Fine. But you better not take a long time. I never said I'd lie and wait forever. Remember that," Jade said, winking at Gerard.

"I'll be right back," Davey reiterated before disappearing out the door.

"I see you've been listening to us," Gerard said, raising an eyebrow.

"What can I say? You guys grew on me the past few weeks," Jade replied, shrugging. "So, where are the rest of the guys?"

"Oh, shit! I completely forgot about Mikey. Dammit, he must be going insane in the waiting room. Sorry, don't mean to leave you all alone and stuff, but I need a bass player with a working mind," Gerard said, rushing over to Jade's side and giving him a quick hug.

"It's no problem. Davey should be here in a minute," Jade replied with a grin. "I'll see you later."

"Bye," Gerard said quickly before running out the door.

"Bye," Jade called out behind him.

Jade started flipping through channels and finally settled on the local news station. He was looking out the window when something caught his attention.

"…and in latest news, Damian Pierce from Los Angeles, California was arrested the yesterday afternoon on attempted manslaughter. He is being accused of shooting and injuring AFI's guitarist, Jade Puget and nearly killing him. At the moment, we have no news on the condition of the guitarist, only that they upcoming shows have been cancelled until further notice," the anchorman said, looking into the camera.

"Funny how they turn one little thing into a big deal, don’t you think so, Jade," a harsh voice asked from the doorway, causing Jade to jump up.