I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 18

"What are you doing here," Jade asked, trying to sit up but only succeeding in straining his still fresh wound.

"Why, I came to pay you a visit. Isn't that allowed?" Damian asked, stepping into the room. Jade managed to move his hand around under the covers and take hold of the remote that would call in a nurse. Hoping that Davey was near the nurses' station to be able to hear, he pressed it.

A few seconds later, he heard the noise he was waiting for. "May I help you, Mr. Puget?" a nurse asked from the station.

"Yes, I was wondering, is Mr. Havok around there? He's been gone for awhile and I need his help with something," Jade said, smirking at Damian who had frozen when he heard the nurse's voice.

"Yes, he is, Mr. Puget. I'll tell him you're looking for him," the nurse said before there was silence.

"What did you think I was going to do to you, Jade?" Damian asked quietly, looking up at him.

"What else? Look at where you got me," Jade said angrily. "How the hell did you get out from where they had you, anyway?"

"I have my ways. You didn't notice my nice new outfit, did you," Damian said, holding his arms out and spinning. It was then that Jade realized he was wearing an officers' uniform.

"Damian, what did you do," Jade asked in shock.

"Let's just say that there's someone sitting in my cell wearing the wonderful clothes that they have provided us with," Damian said with a smirk.

"Hey, Jade, the doctor---what the fuck is he doing here," Davey asked as he walked into the room. He quickly made his way to Jade's side and placed a hand on his shoulder protectively. "Did he do anything to you?"

"Don't worry. I didn't hurt your boyfriend. I just came to see him," Damian said with a smirk, sitting down on the window bench.

"What the hell do you want, Damian," Jade asked, glaring at him.

"Why, I just want to talk to you and Davey," Damian replied, looking out the window. "Look at how they move down there, not a care in the world, or so it would seem."

"Get to the point, Pierce," Davey growled, making sure to stand between Jade and Damian.

"I'm just here to apologize to Jade. And to you," he said, looking Jade straight in the eye.

"Why do I find that hard to believe? A few days ago you were ready to kill us both. And now you're apologizing?" Davey said, looking at him incredulously.

"You're right, it is hard to believe. And it's not the truth. I still want the both of you dead. Without Jade I will never be happy. He made me feel alive again when he walked into my world. Hell, he was my world," Damian said, standing up and pacing back and forth in front of the hospital bed. "Then you took him away from me. It had been months since I had seen him smile, yet when he was around you, he is always laughing and smiling. As much as it pains me to say it, Havok, you make him happy. And I can't live with that knowledge." He reached towards the holster of the officer uniform he was wearing and both Davey and Jade tensed as they watched him pull out a gun.

"Damian, what are you doing?" Jade asked, starting to tremble. He lifted his hand and placed it on top of Davey's, squeezing tightly.

"Nothing darling. Just doing what I should have done ages ago," Damian replied, sending Jade a shaky smile. "I'm sorry, Jade, for everything." He slowly raised the gun to his head and shook his head.

"Damian!!! NO!!," Jade screamed, trying to get up from the bed. "Please, don’t do this, please," he sobbed, clutching onto Davey to try and pull himself up.

"Jade, baby, calm down. You'll injure yourself more if you don't," Davey said, brushing a kiss onto Jade's forehead. "Damian, don't do this. Don't hurt him anymore. If you pull that trigger, it will affect him forever. Don't do it, please. Think of Jade, think of what you had."

Damian shook his head, still holding the gun up against his head. He knew they wouldn't be able to call anyone and that's what made it even better.

"Damian, please, don't do it, please," Jade said, holding onto his stomach as the effects of strenuous movements had caused him pain and discomfort. He knew that he had opened the wound and that he was bleeding, but he didn't care.

"I'm sorry, Jade," he said and pulled the trigger.