I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 19

Davey looked away, grimacing and Jade tried to stifle a cry while covering his face in his hands.

"It's all my fault, it's all my fault, it's all my fault," Jade sobbed, starting to rock back and forth on the bed. "It's all my fault he killed himself."

"Sh, Jade, baby, it's not your fault. It's no one's fault but his own," Davey said, wrapping his arms around Jade and hugging him tightly.

"Excuse me, we heard a--" one of the nurses said before she let out a scream.

"Miss, can you please call the cops for us," Davey asked quietly, gently rubbing Jade's back, who was crying softly against his chest.

The nurse looked at him then back at Damian, who was sprawled on the floor, bleeding profusely, his lifeless eyes wide open, staring at nothing. "Y-y-y-yes. I-I-I-I'll be r-r-r-right b-b-b-back," she stammered, turning and almost falling over. She quickly walked away, still looking back.

"Shh, Jade, it's gonna be all right, baby," Davey whispered into Jade's ear, not letting him go.

"It's my fault," Jade was still repeating, still rocking back and forth.

"Baby, look at me," Davey said, pulling back from Jade and placing his fingers underneath his chin, making Jade look up at him. "It's not your fault, it will never be your fault. Understand that, baby. It's not your fault. So don't go thinking that, okay?"

Jade just looked at him through tear-filled eyes and finally nodded. "It's not my fault," he said, listening to what Davey was telling him.

"It's not your fault," Davey said, smiling. "I love you, baby." He leaned down and pressed his lips against Jade's. He pulled away and smiled down at him. He still couldn't believe that he was finally with him, after years of keeping his feelings to himself, they were finally out in the open.

He heard quite a few of footsteps coming down the hall and looked up when they stopped at the doorway.

"What happened here," one of the officers that had shown up asked.

"Is there anyway we can get him out of here? He's upsetting Jade," Davey asked, making sure that Jade didn't turn to look at Damian on the floor. The officer nodded and turned to look at the paramedics that were with him, whom promptly left the room and returned with a stretcher and a medical bag.

They quickly starting cleaning and within ten minutes, everything was cleared. "Okay, so Mr. Marchant, will you please tell us what happened," one of the officers asked, who was looking down at the lifeless body sprawled on the floor.

"Well, that," Davey started, looking down at Damian, "was Damian Pierce, my boyfriend's psycho ex-boyfriend. The one who was arrested a few weeks ago for attempted murder. We had just found out on the news that he had escaped and as soon as we heard that, I left the room to go speak with a nurse. While at the nurse's station, I heard Jade from the intercom asking for me. So, when I rushed back, I found him in here. And he started talking about how he was sorry and then…he just, pulled the trigger."

"Mr. Puget, is that what happened?" the same officer asked, turning towards Jade, who just nodded.

"Officer…I’m sorry, I didn't quite catch your name," Davey said politely, while lacing his fingers with Jade's.

"Andrews, Officer Andrews."

"Well, Officer Andrews, would it be possible to finish this later? Jade's still in shock and I don't want him to have to relive it a few minutes after it happened? We'll gladly go to the police station as soon as he's released, which shouldn't be long," Davey explained.

"Well, you do have a point. Here's my card. Just go in as soon as you can," Officer Andrews replied, handing Davey his card. "Sorry for your loss, Mr. Puget." Jade just nodded, looking straight ahead.
♠ ♠ ♠
Why yes, this hasn't had an update in about two years. Sorry guys. I'm trying to start writing again. Little by little I'm getting there. Enjoy.