I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 3

Jade noticed he was gripping the steering wheel a bit to tightly, since his knuckles were turning white. He still didn’t bother to loosen his grip, he was still in shock over the fact that he had just set himself free.

“Oh my god! I have nowhere to go now. Shit!” he said to himself, pounding on the steering wheel and causing the horn to sound. He frowns when he sees the person in the car in front of him flipping him off. “Fuck you, too,” Jade muttered under his breath, turning on the left blinker to pull into Davey’s apartment complex.

Jade jumps when he hears his phone go off. Glancing down, he notices that it was from his and Damian’s apartment. He picks it up reluctantly, hesitating only a moment before answering.

“No matter what you say, it’s still over.”

“Oh, darling, I know that. But let me tell you this. You’re going to regret the day you left me. Just know that you can’t hide from me. No matter where you go.” Jade froze at the tone of voice Damian was using. He sounded a bit to calm and if Jade knew any better, he should still be in hysterics. He had some serious separation issues, Jade also knew that.

“Damian, leave me alone.” He flipped the phone close and shuddered, pulling into Davey’s apartment complex.

Jade had barely raised his hand up to knock on Davey’s door when it swung open, showing a grim-faced Davey. “Jade, this may sound crazy, but your psycho boyfriend just called and threatened me.” Jade frowned, wondering why the hell would Damian call Davey and threaten him as well. “What did you do?”

“What did I do? Come on, Davey! Are you serious? He’s the one who did something. Want me to show you? This is what I’ve been hiding from you, from Hunter, and from Adam.” Jade jerked his shirt up and revealed his cut. Davey gasped, his hand flying to cover his mouth.

“Wha—he did this---why didn’t you tell anyone, Jade? I can’t believe you hid this from us.” Davey took a step forward, unsure of what else to say.

“Why didn’t I tell anyone? You wanna know why, Davey? Because I loved him. I think I still do. But it’s just that I can’t take it anymore. I’ve already been through enough.” Jade lowered his shirt to cover his cut and just stood in front of Davey, unable to think of anything else to say to him.

“Oh, yeah. Sorry, come in. You look exhausted, Jade.” Davey pushed the door open more and stepped aside, indicating to Jade to go inside.

“Do I? Thanks Davey. So, question, umm…when does our next tour start? You know, the one promoting Decemberunderground? I really need to get away now.” Jade still didn’t know whether or not to mention the phone call Damian had given him a few minutes earlier. Finally, he just spat it out. “Davey, Damian just called me too. He also threatened me, told me I was going to regret the day I left him.”

“Jade, if he comes near you at all and does anything…better yet, tries to do anything to hurt you. I want you to call the fucking police. I’m serious, Jade. I don’t want to see you hurt. Besides, you’re the only one I know who has mad guitar skills and there’s no way we can possibly replace you.” Jade smiled, glad at the fact that Davey had mixed humor with seriousness, in an attempt to lighten the mood.

“Don’t worry, Davey. I will. I promise not the let my ex-psycho boyfriend, as you so wonderfully put it, try and get near me.” Davey smiled and headed towards the kitchen, where he had been in the process of preparing breakfast when he got that disturbing phone call and Jade’s visit.

“You want something to eat, Jade? I’m presuming that you haven’t eaten anything.” Davey turned to look at him, raising an eyebrow.

“You read my mind, Dave. What would I do without you?”

“Starve? Lose your sanity? And many other things that I don’t even want to mention. Now, what do you want to eat?”

“Whatever you got. Hey, can I ask you for a huge favor?” Jade walked into the kitchen and took a seat on a stool near the counter, facing Davey.

“Depends on the favor,” he replied, his back towards Jade as he made breakfast.

“Can I crash at your place for awhile? At least until Smith gets back from wherever he is at the moment. I mean, if you don’t mind?”

Davey was quiet for a moment before finally turning, grinning at Jade. “Yeah. Stay as long as you want, Jade. Mi casa es tu casa. Now, do something with your face, it’s kinda freaking me out. Splash some cold water on it or something, you’re deathly pale."