I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 4

Jade was sitting on the sofa in Davey’s apartment, staring out the window, when he suddenly remembered that he was supposed to meet Hunter at the mall. Half an hour ago. “Shit!” He quickly gets up, walking towards Davey’s room, knocking on the door before pushing it open.

Davey quickly grabbed a towel off the bed, covering himself and turning bright red. “What the fuck! Jade, haven’t you ever heard of knocking?” Jade just stood at the doorway, staring at Davey, his mouth open. Sure, he had seen Davey a million times, but he’d never seen him naked before.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to. Just came to tell you…ummm…what was I going to tell you?” Jade scratched his head, trying to regain his thoughts. “Oh, yeah, I have to go out. Promised Hunter that I would meet him at the mall half an hour ago. But as you can tell, I got sidetracked.”

“All right. Call me if you need anything, okay? And you know what I mean by that, right?” Jade nodded, trying to keep his gaze from trailing over Davey.

I can’t be thinking this. He’s my best friend! I can’t start to like him now. Besides, I wouldn’t want him to be my rebound guy. Jade thought to himself as he started to back out of the room.

“Jade?”

He turned back to face Davey, who was standing near the dresser, already wearing jeans. “What?”

“Don’t let him try and hurt you. You’ve been through enough. I don’t want to see you hurt. Don’t let him have the upperhand and let him have the pleasure of seeing you suffer, okay? Promise me, Jade.” Davey looked at him with such a sincere and compassionate look that Jade choked back tears.

“I promise. Thanks Davey, for everything.”

Davey shrugs, grinning. “No problem. What are friends for? Now go, before our other friend decides to shoot you himself for standing him up.”

“Oh yeah. I forget about Hunter…again. Don’t tell him I said that. I’ll see you later. Call me if you need anything.” When Jade saw Davey nod, he quickly bolts out of the apartment, and runs to his car. Getting in, he quickly starts it and pulls out, calling Hunter in the process.

“Where the hell are you? I’ve been waiting here for forty-five minutes. If you don’t get here soon, Puget, I swear I’m going to kill you,” were the first words out of his friends mouth.

“Sorry, Hunter. I just started off with a bad morning. I’m on my way. Give me a few more minutes, all right? And whatever you do, don’t hurt me.” Jade maneuvered his way through traffic, sliding in and out of cars.

“I was just trying to intimidate you, Jade. Now, hurry the fuck up. I have something else to do.” Jade started cursing under his breath when the light he had stopped at and the person in the car in front of him still didn’t move.

Honking his horn, he gets the other person moving but ends up stuck at a red light once again. “Fucker.”

“What did I do?”

“Not you, Hunter. Stupid asshole in front of me made me get stuck at the red light once again. And adding to that, this is also the longest fucking light ever. So, I’ll see you in a few more minutes. If I’m not there in ten minutes, you have my permission to kill me. When you do, call Davey and tell him what you did, okay?”

“Just hurry the fuck up, Jade.”

***

Hunter sighed as soon as he finished talking to Jade on the phone. Something was on his mind and keeping him distracted. Shaking his head, he picked up his phone and dialed Davey’s number, wanting to talk to him and see if he knew what was bothering Jade. How would he not know, Jade told him everything. Or so he thought.

“Hey, Hunter. Jade’s not here, he left to meet up with you.”

“That’s not what I wanted to know, Dave. I was just wondering…when I was talking to Jade awhile ago, he sounded, distant. Did something happen to him?”

“Yeah. Umm…he broke up with Damian this morning. But, let him talk to you about it. And there’s something else another thing that made him break up. Hunter, Damian was hurting Jade. He has a long cut on his stomach.”

Hunter froze, not quite understanding what Davey was telling him. “What are you talking about, Dave? This is a joke, right?”

“Hunter, why would I joke about this?”