I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 6

“Jade, hurry up! We’re going to be late if you don’t hurry up!” Davey’s voice rang through the apartment, waking Jade up from his fitful sleep. “JADE! Get your ass out of bed, NOW!” The door to the room that Jade was occupying swung open and revealed an annoyed Davey.

“Five more minutes.” Jade mumbled, rolling over and pulling the covers over his head.

Davey sighed and shook his head, walking over to the bed and pulling the sheets off of Jade, causing his friend to scream. “”Shit, Jade, don’t make me go blind.” Davey quickly looked away, but not before getting a good look at his friend. An action that seriously scared him, since he’d never once thought before of checking his friend out. “Get up now, Jade. And hurry up and get dressed. We have to meet Hunter and Adam in like fifteen minutes.”

“Ugh…fine. What are we meeting them for?” Jade sat up, rubbing the sleep from his eyes. “And you know you like looking at my fine ass. Don’t lie, Davey.” Jade sent him a killer smile, causing Davey to blush and lower his head.

“A new tour. Now hurry up.” Davey strolled out of the room with unacceptable thoughts swimming through his head.

Jade sure does look cute in the morning. Especially if he woke up next to me. But I can’t have anything with him…or can I? Shaking his head to clear the thoughts, he headed into the kitchen to prepare some breakfast for himself and his roomie.

It had been two weeks since the split with Damian and Jade was starting to feel slightly better. The first few days, he had been fearful that Damian was suddenly going to pop in out of nowhere and hurt either him or his friends. But even though the first few weeks have come and gone with no word from Damien, Jade was starting to feel the pressure of it. He knew that for the moment he was safe. But the question is…for how long?

Jade was pulled out of his thoughts when he heard Davey calling him once again. “Dave must really love my name from the many times he’s said it this morning,” Jade mumbled to himself as he grabbed a fresh change of clothes and headed into the bathroom to shower.

***

“Hey, guys, what took you two so long?” Adam stood up and gave Davey and Jade a brief hug before sitting back down.

Davey shot a glance at Jade and frowned. “It as his fault. He woke up late.” Both Hunter and Adam looked at each other before nervously looking back over at Jade.

“What are you two up to? I know that look. What did I do now?” Jade crossed his arms over his chest and stared at the two of them, waiting for one of them to say something.

“Well, as Davey calls him, that psycho boyfriend of yours, he…umm…he called me last night and…told me to keep an eye on you. To make sure you…uh…don’t mess with anyone. He also told me that if you do, you’ll die.” Adam stared down at the floor, his hands in his lap, fumbling.

Jade looked over at Davey, horrified. His lower lip started trembling and he whispered, “Davey, what have I done? I can’t…he’ll hurt me. Davey, I’ve got to leave. I’ve got to disappear.” He started for the door and Davey grabbed him, pulling him into a tight hug.

“Jade, it’ll be all right. Don’t worry. We won’t let him hurt you. I won’t let him hurt you, I promise.” Jade buried his face against the warmth of Davey’s chest, and started crying.

“What are we going to do? The tour? Do we have to postpone it?” Hunter mouthed to Davey.

Davey shook his head, causing his hair to fall into his eyes. “No. We won’t. Not because of this,” he mouthed back, still comforting Jade.

“No, I won’t let you guys do that because of me. Music is a huge part of my life, as well as a part of all of you and I can’t let you guys give it up for awhile because of me,” Jade said, his voice muffled against Davey’s chest.

“Damn it, Jade, you have like superhuman hearing if you could hear us not even talking.” Adam laughed in an effort to lighten the mood.

They all turned when they heard the door swing open and Jade’s brother…and the band’s manager walked in. “Hey, guys. Sorry I’m late.” Smith Puget was looking through papers in his hand and didn’t notice his brother was distraught until he noticed no one greeted him like they normally did. He looked around the room and finally noticed his brother clutching Davey, his head buried against Davey’s chest. “Jade, bro, what’s wrong?”

Jade pulled away from Davey and walked to the corner of the room, curling himself up into a ball on the couch that was there. “He didn’t tell you while you were gone?” Davey asked Smith incredulously, looking at Jade then back to Smith.

“Tell me what,” Smith asked, clearly confused. He walked over to where he brother had isolated himself and sat down next to him. Placing a hand on his shoulder, he watched his brother stiffen before he finally looked up at him. “Jade, what happened? Why were you crying?”

Jade didn’t answer him, he had a faraway look in his eyes before he lunged himself at his brother, pulling him into a tight hug. “Smith, I have to get out of here! Now! I won’t let him hurt any of you! I won’t!”

“Jade, what are you talking about? Talk to me, dammit!” Smith grabbed Jade by the shoulders and pulled him back, looking his brother straight in the eyes. “Let who hurt us?”

“Damian.” Jade’s voice was barely audible and Smith had to strain to hear him.

“What? Damian? But isn’t he your boyfriend? Why would he want to hurt any of us?”