I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 7

“Davey! Davey! Get up! Get up! Guess what today is?” Davey cautiously opened one eye, squinting against the bright early morning sunlight that was entering the room. He brought up his knees as he realized that Jade was on his bed, jumping up and down like a little kid.

“Jade, quit jumping on my damn bed. Now, what were you yelling about a few minutes ago,” Davey asked, sitting up in bed and rubbing his eyes, trying to fully wake up.

“Guess what day it is?” Jade asked excitedly, jumping up one last time before landing on the bed in a sitting positing next to Davey, grinning widely.

“I don’t know. Enlighten me.” Davey asked, tucking a loose strand of hair behind his ear.

“Today is the day we go on tour. How could you have forgotten, Davey? This is like the best day ever.” Jade said, shocked. He playfully punched his friend on the arm before lying back on the bed, resting his head on his arm.

“Question, why are you laying down on my bed, Jade?” Davey raised a questioning eyebrow, expecting an answer.

Jade shrugged, but made no move to get up. “You’re bed’s just comfortable. That’s all. So, at what time are we leaving?”

“Around six in the afternoon. We don’t have to be at the first venue until tomorrow afternoon. Oh, and I found out what band is going to be opening for us.” Davey leaned back agianst the headboard, propping a pillow behind his head.

“What band?” Jade asked, rising up on his elbows to look at his friend.

“My Chemical Romance and some other band. I can’t really remember the name of the other one. And our first stop is in LA’s House of Blues.”

“That’s so cool. I can’t wait. I’m so excited and I just can’t hide it,” Jade sang, causing his friend to grab a pillow and throw it at him.

“Shut up. I’m the singer, remember? So, have you heard anything from what’s-his-face?”

Jade immediately lost his playful mood, quickly switching gears into seriousness. “Nope. I haven’t and that’s what scares me. I know he’s up to something but I don’t know what. We really need to be careful on our tour this year and make sure he doesn’t show up unexpectedly.”

“Yeah, I know what you mean. Come on, I’m fully awake now, thanks to you. And now I’m hungry. Go make me some food. It’s your turn.” Davey lay back down on the bed but moved over to where he was lying next to Jade.

“What are you doing?” Jade whispered, freezing as he watched Davey lay down next to him.

“Jade, if I ask you something, will you promise not to get mad at me?” Davey whispered back, turning his head to look Jade in the eyes.

“I promise. What do you want to ask me?” Jade replied, trying to keep his mind in control.

“Do you mind if I kiss you?” Davey whispered, leaning in, but still keeping a distance from Jade so that if he wanted to, he could pull away.

To Davey’s astonishment and Jade’s as well, Jade put one hand behind Davey’s head and pulled his lips towards him, lightly brushing his mouth over his. “I don’t mind at all. I’ve been wanting to kiss you for awhile now.”