I've Finally Had Enough

Chapter 8

“You have everything?” Davey asked Jade as they were heading out the door with their luggage.

“I think so. Lemme go check really quick. I’ll be right back.” Jade said, running back inside.

“And where do you think you’re going with him?” a voice asked, walking up behind Davey. His senses on full alert, Davey slowly turned, holding his breath.

“Damian, what are you doing here,” Davey asked, folding his arms across his chest.

“I don’t have to answer anything for you. Whereas you, you have to tell me where you are going with my Jade. He’s mine, not yours,” Damian growled, taking a step closer to Davey and placing a hand around Davey’s chin. “Remember that. He’s mine. And don’t you dare touch him, got it, Havok?” Leaning forward, Damian squeezes Davey’s chin harshly before leaning up and placing a kiss on his cheek and walks away just as Jade opened the door to step outside.

"Dave? What's wrong? It looks like you've seen a ghost. Are you all right," Jade asked, closing the door behind him and locking it. "Davey, what's that on your chin? It's red."

"Nothing, Jade. Let's go before it gets any later," Davey said, rubbing his chin and walking away, leaving Jade behind, confused.

***

While he was driving, Davey kept replaying through his mind what had happened a few minutes earlier over and over in his mind. Remember that. He’s mine. And don’t you dare touch him, got it, Havok?

"Davey? Are you all right? You see really quiet all of a sudden," Jade suddenly asked, pulling Davey out of his daze.

"Huh? Oh, I'm fine. Don't worry about it," Davey replied, turning to look over at his friend, who was giving him a questioning look.

"Uh huh, sure. Dave, I can feel something's bothering you. So, spill," Jade said, not to convinced with his friends' answer.

"You sure you want to know?" Jade nods and Davey takes a deep breath before he replied. "Damian stopped by when you went inside for a few minutes to see if you had forgotten anything." Jade visibly paled and looked out the window.

"What did he say?" he asked quietly, turning back to look Davey in the eyes.

"He said that you're his and no one else's. Jade, I think that you should call the police on him. Put a restraining order on him. You don't know what he's capable of anymore." Davey said, clutching the steering wheel tightly, causing his knuckles to turn white.

They rode the rest of the way in silence, with only the radio playing.

***

"You guys are finally here! What took so long?" Adam asked as soon as he saw Davey and Jade approaching.

"Jade kept on forgetting things," Davey replied, smirking.

"I did not! I just wanted to make sure I had everything, unlike you," Jade retorted, sticking his tongue out at Davey. They were back to being just friends. They had completely forgotten what had just happened between them at Davey's apartment. Or had they?

"So, are we ready to leave now then?" Hunter asked from where he was sitting on the floor, leaning against the wall of the room.

"Yeah. Come on, Jade, let's go get our stuff out of the car. Where's Smith, by the way?" Davey asked, looking around.

"He's on his way. He went to go get himself some food before we leave," Adam explained, walking towards the back of the tour bus.

Davey walked off the bus, heading towards the car and turned the corner just in time to see Damian holding Jade in a chokehold. "Hey, what the fuck do you think you're doing? Leave him the hell alone!" he yelled out, bursting into a run and tackling Damian to the ground.

"What the hell?! Get the fuck off of me and this is none of your business," Damian snarled, trying to push Davey off.

"It becomes my business when I see my friend almost choked to death when I turn the corner. What the hell is wrong with you? Have you lost your damn mind?" Davey asked, standing up and brushing himself off. "Jade, are you all right?" He asked, turning to look at Jade, who was clutching his neck.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Thanks, Davey. Let's get our stuff and go. I'll call Smith and tell him to meet us at the first venue. And that we had to leave quickly. Come on," Jade said, pulling his luggage out of the car and headed towards the car.

"Just leave him alone already. Do you know how much you're hurting him by doing this to him?" Davey asked Damian, who was still on the ground.

"Why should I? He left me," Damian spat out.

"And I'm sure you know perfectly well why he did. It was because he couldn't take you beating him anymore. You hurt him…physically and emotionally. You've done enough damage to him. Now, why can't you just leave him alone? If you care about him whatsoever, just let him live the rest of his life in peace," Davey advised before grabbing his things, locking the car and walking away.

"I'm not gonna leave him alone! Not until he realizes the mistake that he has made by leaving me," Davey heard Damian yell out behind him. Without turning around or stopping, Davey flipped him off before heading back onto the bus.

Once inside, he found that Jade was no where to be seen. Turning to look at Hunter and Adam, he asks them. "Where'd Jade disappear to?"

They both point towards the back of the bus where the bunks were located. Telling them that he would be back, he went to check on his friend. "Jade?"

"Go away."

"Jade, are you all right?" Davey asked, ignoring his friends' request.

"Davey, go away. I don't want to talk to anyone," Jade replied from his darkened bunk.

"But Jade--," he was cut off when Jade abruptly said.

"You know he's going to try and keep on hurting me. Knowing him, he'll probably come after one of you guys, most likely you, since you're the one helping me," he explained, pulling back the curtain to his bunk and looking Davey in the eyes, a tear sliding down his cheek. "And I'll never let him hurt you, I promise. I won't let him hurt any of you."

"Jade, he can't hurt us. He can try but he won't succeed." Davey said, walking over to the bunk across from Jade's and sat down, his head bent since the area was small. "Jade, look at me. Don't cry over him. He's not worth your tears. Hell, he was never worth your time."

Jade cracked a smile and brushed the tears away, glancing towards the front of the bus. "Where are Adam and Hunter?"

"They're in the front, watching a movie. Why?" Davey asked, raising an eyebrow. Jade just smiled before getting up and taking a step towards Davey.

"You asked if it would bother me and it didn't. Now, I'm going to ask you the same question. Do you?" Jade asked, bending to where he was level with Davey.

Davey felt his face flush and a smile appeared. "I don't know. Let me think--" his words were cut off as Jade placed a hand on his lips before replacing them with his mouth.

"Why is it that somehow that keeps happening?" Davey asked, pressing his forehead against Jade's.

"I don't know." Jade replied before crushing his lips against Davey's once more. Without even realizing it, they somehow ended up in Davey's bunk, curtain closed and Jade on top of Davey, straddling him.

"Adam. Hunter. Won't they hear us?" Davey asked, breathless.

"They're too busy with each other. I'm sure they won't," Jade replied, running his hands under Davey's shirt, causing the other to gasp.

"Jade. Don’t. I can't take it anymore. I'm not even sure that you're sure about this. This isn't something that you will regret in the morning, is it?" Davey asked, looking up at Jade.

"Davey. I've wanted this forever. I've always wanted you." Jade whispered, brushing his lips against Davey's lightly.

"Then how come you didn't say anything?" Davey asked, holding onto Jade's shoulders.

"Because I was afraid of what you would say. That you would reject me. That it would ruin our relationship," Jade replied, pulling away from Davey. "Davey, I've always cared about you. In a way that is more than 'just friends.'"