Behind the Scars

Weak

Allie had spent the last couple of hours starring at the black television screen. She tore her eyes away from it and looked over at him. She noticed he was also looking at the screen, but he seemed to have a look of determination on his face as well. He was probably in deep thought about something.

Her stomach growled and she mentally cursed at herself for being hungry. It caught his attention and he looked her way.

"I guess you should fix some dinner." He said.
"Yeah-- I guess so." She said, getting up and walking into the kitchen.

She saw all the ingredient's she had for the spaghetti and groaned. That was the cause of her being kidnapped; she had to have garlic bread. She placed the ingredients back up and then looked through her freezer for something different. She couldn't find anything that she could fix fast. She decided to go ahead and use the hamburger meat she already had in the bottom of the fridge. She patted the meat out and then put the burgers on. She dusted her hand off on a towel and then walked into the living room.

"What do you want on your burger?" She ask softly.

He turned around and looked at her. He assumed she would just fix herself something to eat; she didn't expect her to be fixing him dinner as well.

"Cheese and Mayo is fine." He mumbled.

She nodded her head and walked back into the kitchen. She placed all the buns on the counter and began putting what they desired on them. She finished the burgers and then placed them on the buns. She put his two in a plate and then walked them into the living room and she handed him the plate.

"Do you drink soda?" She questioned.

He just nodded his head. She walked back into the kitchen and picked up her plate and grabbed two cans of soda from the refrigerator. She handed him a coke and then walked over to the recliner and sunk down in it. She bit into her burger, and allowed the food to slide down her throat into her stomach. Her stomach felt so good to have food in it again. She had forgot how long it had been since she ate a real meal.

"This is good." The Joker said, his mouth full.

She giggled a bit, and continued to eat her burger. The tension between the two of them had started to fade away. She didn't feel as scared of him as she had earlier. If he hadn't killed her yet-- then would he kill her later?

Trey walked down the stairs and took in the scent of the hamburgers.

"Who cooked?"
"She did." The Joker pointed.
"Anymore left?"
"Two more burgers are laying on the counter in a plate. Help yourself." She said smiling.

Trey walked into the kitchen and began to make his burgers.

"You phone the boys?" The Joker ask once he was in the living room.
"Yeah-- Ace said they were looking for Maroni tonight. He mentioned Deuce was acting weird though. Like he's paranoid or something." Trey said.
"He's probably just chicken shit." The Joker mumbled
"You're probably right."

Allie watched as they finished up their burgers. She found herself getting curious about her father.

"So-- what is he?"
"Who?" Trey ask.
"Sal Maroni." She said.
"A mob member." The Joker answered.
"A mob member? I thought those only existed in old movies."

Trey and The Joker chuckled.

"Gotham is like a old movie-- It's got the corrupt officers and politics. Gangs, crazies, and even some of the worlds most dangerous criminals." Trey said.
"I should have listened to my mom." Allie mumbled.
"Why? What did she say?" The Joker ask.
"My mom warned me to stay away from him-- I guess in a way she was warning me to stay away from Gotham.

After Trey ate and filled the Joker in on what was going on in Gotham, he returned back upstairs. Allie took her plate into the kitchen and began to wash it. Once she was finished washing the dish, she walked back into the living room to see him watching the television that had been turned off earlier. She reached down on her coffee table and picked up the last book in the twilight series, she only needed to read three more chapters to finish the book. She took a seat on the recliner, pulled the blanket up around her and began reading the book.

The Joker looked over ant noticed her reading. He never really admired her looks until that moment. Her dark hair was falling down messy onto her shoulders. Her face was flawless, and she had a mole, or what some would call a beauty mark upon her cheek. He was starting to feel something he hadn't felt in a long time-- and he didn't like it.

He felt weak.

He felt like she was someone who could make him surrender. At first he thought the reason why he couldn't kill her was because of his flashbacks from his mother, but now he was beginning to think it was something different. He could have left her in Maroni's mansion, but he didn't. He could have let her come back home alone-- and go looking for Maroni himself, but he didn't. He could have left the living room when she fell asleep, but he didn't.

He groaned. He didn't like what she was doing to him. He didn't like it one bit. He needed to get away from her for a bit; even if he just went upstairs to collect his thoughts.

He got up from the couch and walked up and pounded on the room Trey was staying in. His goon came to the door and then he ordered him to go downstairs and watch her tonight.

"Okay boss." Trey said making his way down the stairs.

The Joker walked into the room Trey had been staying in and fell back on the bed.

Why did it hit him all of a sudden? It was like; as soon as he took the chance to look at her it all become clear. He hated feeling this way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image