Behind the Scars

Dazed And Confused

Allie opened her eyes and instead of seeing the man with the chalk white face, she saw the blond goon named Trey. She scrunched her eyebrows up in confusion as he looked at her with a crooked smile. She didn't know why The Joker wasn't in the room anymore. She wondered if he had left the house.

"Is he gone?" She ask softly.
"Upstairs." Trey answered.
"Why?"
"Don't know." Trey answered again.

She sighed. She didn't know why, but she felt uncomfortable with Trey. The tension between her and The Joker had slowly started to fade away. Even though he was annoying, sadistic, and scared her to death; she felt like there was something more to him, he was hiding a different side to him. She wondered what was behind the scars; what type of person lurked under the criminal?

She raised up off the couch and stretched.

"Is a shower against the rules?" She ask.
"I don't think so." Trey said.
"You don't have to follow me in the bathroom do you?" She ask.
"I'll be standing outside it."

She nodded her head and walked up the stairs. She darted in her room and found a pair of flannel pajamas and a black wife beater, and then got herself a clean pair of underwear and a bra. She packed them into the bathroom. Trey looked around the small room and checked to make sure she couldn't escape. There was a small window in the room, but he doubted she could fit through it, and even if she did-- it was two stories high.

"Don't worry, I'm not suicidal." She said.

He nodded his head, and she shut the door. She stripped out of her clothes, and then got inside the shower. She tested the water to make sure it was the perfect temperature and then stepped inside. The warm water felt so good gliding down over her tense muscles. She lathered up a wash cloth with her strawberry scented body wash and ran it over her body.

The Joker walked out of her guest room and starred at Trey who was standing against the wall. He heard a shower running and eyed Trey.

"She wanted a shower-- I didn't think it was against any rules."
"It's not." The Joker said flatly.

He had spent hours away from her and the feeling didn't fade any. He had tried to forget about her; but it seemed like the longer he stayed away from her, the more he ached to see her. He hated this-- he had actually thought about just killing her and getting it over with. The feelings would sooner or later subside.

The door opened and out stepped Allie in a fresh changed of clothes. Her hair was hanging down loose around her face, and all dirt and make-up had been removed from her beautiful face. He looked at her in the eyes, and his chest tightened. He didn't know why she was having this affect on him.

"Hi." She said softly.

He just groaned, rolled his eyes, and stomped off down to the room he was staying in. Trey just shrugged his shoulders, and she walked down to the guest room. She was curious as to why he was now acting weird. She knocked softly onto the door and then walked in. He was laying down on the bed starring up at the ceiling.

"Anything I can get you?" She ask.
"No."
"Are you okay?"
"No."
"What's wrong?" She ask.
"Nothing."

She sighed, and walked out of the room.

The Joker watched as she disappeared. He had been playing the role of a 'psychopath' for so long, he even started to believe it himself, but the truth was; he was a genius. He was an amazing actor, who could fool anyone. He had fooled the doctors into thinking he was insane every time he was admitted to Arkham. Psychopaths didn't have feelings for others; but humans did. He still had feelings, he was just really good at hiding them. But with her it was so different. She was so weak, and for some reason he felt the need to protect her.

He groaned yet again as he raised up off the bed and walked down the stairs. He looked around and didn't see anyone. He then walked back up the stairs and into her bedroom. Trey was sitting in a rocking chair by her window, as she laid in her bed. He motioned for Trey to leave and then walked over to where he was sitting, and leaned back in the rocking chair. Allie looked up after hearing noises, she had been attempting to sleep, but sleeping was difficult when she had a pair of eyes on her constantly.

"You can go to sleep." He mumbled.
"Don't you want to sleep?" She questioned.
"Not really."
"Your make-up is fading off." She blurted out.
"I've noticed." He mumbled.

She sit there for a few minutes silently, and then opened her mouth and ask him something she had been wondering about since she had first met him.

"So, are you going to kill me once you deal with Maroni?" She ask.
"No." He replied bitterly and quickly.

That really wasn't the response she was expecting. She expected to be messed with for awhile-- tossed around like a rag doll. She looked over at him and could tell he had an internal battle going on. He looked so dazed and confused.

"Anything on your mind?" She ask softly, and then said "You wanna share?"
"No."
"You sure?"
"Yes."

The Joker wasn't ready to talk about anything-- especially his feelings. Not until he figured out why he was feeling like this. He didn't know anything about her! All he knew was she was helpless and weak. He shook his head. Why did this have to happen now? Why did these feelings surface? He needed to find a way around all of this-- but he doubted he could. Every time he looked at her, his chest tightened and he felt himself going soft. He needed to work a way around these feelings.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image