Behind the Scars

Supplies

The Joker was watching her sleep when Trey walked into the room. He looked up, and Trey motioned for him to come out into the hallway. Trey took in a deep breath, not knowing what The Joker will think about what he had to tell him.

"They found Maroni. . ."
"They did? That's great."
"But he found them first-- we lost Deuce."
"What do you mean we lost him?"
"Ace said they shot at them, he and King ran, and when they turned around Deuce wasn't behind them."
"Damn it." The Joker mumbled.
"I thought I told them fools to stay undercover, not to be seen." He said.
"You did-- Ace said he didn't know what went wrong. But he thinks Maroni is going to go after them."
"Fuck." The Joker said, running his hands through his oily hair.
"They might come here though." Trey said.
"Ok. . ." The Joker said, licking over his scars. "I want you to go back to Gotham, Trey. Make sure that Ace and King aren't out numbered, I'll stay with the girl."

Trey nodded his head and went off down the stairs. The Joker walked back inside her bedroom and saw her sitting up in the bed listening to the entire conversation.

"He killed one of your men?"
"I guess." The Joker said.
"I'm sorry."
"Men die everyday."

She laid back down on the bed. The sun was shinning through her windows. It was yet another day where she would be held captive.

"We need to leave this place for supplies." The Joker mumbled.
"Supplies?" She ask.
"You're almost out of food, and I need face paint."
"How are we going to get that?" She ask.

He sighed. "You and I will go to the store-- if you say one word, or even give a person a look that makes them think I'm holding you against your will, I'll slice your throat right there in the middle of the store, Got it?"

She nodded her head slowly.

"Come with me." He stated.

Allie followed him into the bathroom and pushed down the toilet seat, and sit down. She watched as he took a wet cloth and ran it over the messy face paint. She starred at the man without any paint on; at first she thought he would look at a monster, but instead, standing in front of her was a very handsome man.

"Do you have any make-up or concealer?" He ask.
"In the basket." She said pointing to a old wooden basket sitting on a shelf beside the sink.

The Joker reached inside and grabbed a tub of make-up. He then squirted some of it on his finger, and applied it to his scars. He hated to show her what he looked like without his face paint, but that was his only option of going out in public.

"Why do you wear it all the time?" She ask.
"Wear what?" He ask, facing her.
"The make-up."
"Are you blind?" He ask angrily.
"No. I just don't understand why you wear it."
"Look at my fucking face!" He yelled.

She sighed, and then looked away from him. She didn't think anything was wrong with his face. Sure, at first she thought the scars was gruesome, but that was only because the rest of his face looked so creepy with the caked on Halloween make-up. Without the make-up, his face was rather handsome, scars or no scars.

He felt bad for yelling at her-- which made him even more angrier at himself.

"Let's go." He mumbled.

She followed him down the stairs and into the kitchen. She grabbed her purse.

"You drive." He said.

She nodded her head, and then walked out to her car which was parked outside the house. She got inside and turned it on.

"Are there any stores that aren't that busy?" He ask.
"Uhm-- It's a pretty dead time in town right now since it's so early."
"Fine, go into town." He said.

Cumberland was a small town, and nearly everyone was sleeping this early on a Sunday morning, and once they woke up, most of them went to Church, so it wouldn't be that busy at all. After ten minutes of driving she pulled into a small store that carried a little bit of everything.

"Remember what I said-- don't even let them think anything is wrong."
"I won't." She said, "You want the keys to make sure I don't run away?"
"Oh trust me-- You can run if you want, but I'll find you." He said darkly, as he opened the door.

They walked inside the store, and The Joker was surprised that hardly any eyes were on them. It seemed like people in this small town just minded their own business. They hit the food section first. He placed several things into the buggy, as she did. She bit down on her bottom lip as she saw Zack.

"Shit." She mumbled.
"What?" He ask.
"That's my ex boyfriend." She said pointing to the man in the black button up blouse, who just looked their way.
"Great." He said sarcastically.

The last thing he needed to deal with was an ex boyfriend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image