Behind the Scars

Ex Effect

The Joker rolled his eyes when he saw the dark haired man walk towards them. Allie tensed beside him as the guy gave her a light wave and smile.

"Just act normal." The Joker mumbled.

"Allie! It's so good to see you darling." Zack said, flashing her his pearly whites.

Allie rolled his eyes, "Hi Zack."
"How have you been?" He questioned.

The Joker was watching her body language and could tell she wasn't happy. Part of her even seemed a bit scared. He watched as the two of them held a light conversation.

"You stopped answering my calls."
"That's because I want to be left alone." She stated.
"I really think we can work this out."
"I don't."
"Come on, Allie. We can do this."
"I don't want to do this, Zack. Now please, leave me alone."

With that, she pushed the buggy forward and the Joker followed behind her. He thought it was going to be a bad experience by running into her ex boyfriend, but she seemed to handle the situation very well.

"Sure! Just go off with some disfigured freak!" Zack yelled.

The Joker stopped in his tracks, clutching onto the blade that was in his pocket.

"Don't. He's not worth it." Allie whispered.

The Joker turned around and looked into Zack's crystal eyes. He wanted nothing more than to slice his throat, and allow the blood to drain from it slowly, but he knew he couldn't make a scene. Not here in the middle of the store. Instead, he made a mental note to take care of him later.

"I want to know everything about that kid when we get back to the house." The Joker hissed, and walked forward. They still needed to finish their shopping.

They began loading up the bags into her car. The Joker closed the trunk and then she climbed inside the driver's seat, and he got inside the passenger. He hadn't spoke a word since he told her he wanted to know everything about Zack. She started up the vehicle and headed home.

"What do you wanna know about him?" She ask when they got about two miles down the road.
"All I really want to know is where he lives." The Joker said.
"I actually don't know that."
"He's your ex boyfriend and you don't know where he lives?" He ask.
"We. . . uh, sort of lived together for a few months. I'm not sure where he moved to after I left." Allie confessed.

The Joker sighed. He would get his revenge on Zack-- but maybe right now it was better to focus on Maroni. But he still couldn't stop thinking about the boy in the store. Why did they break up? What did he do? And why didn't she want to get back together with him?

As she was putting away the last bag of groceries away when The Joker, who had disappeared as soon as they walked inside the house, came into the kitchen.

"What was he talking about?"
"Who?" She ask.

He rolled his eyes, "Zack or whatever the fuck his name was."
"Oh, uhm-- he's wanted to get back together for awhile."
"And you won't." He stated.
"Exactly."
"Because of?" He ask.

She sighed.

"Because I don't feel like getting beat half to death again." She answered.
"He beat you?"
"Pretty much."
"How long was you with him?"
"Just six or so months."
"And you lived with him?"
"Yes-- stupid, I know. I moved in after three months of being together, and then I discovered the real Zack."
"And how long ago was this?"
"About a year ago is when I left him and moved back home. He has never stopped phoning though." She answered.

He nodded his head and walked out of the room. For some reason, he didn't like Zack even more now. He hated the fact that he had beat her. He could imagine her bruised and cut like he had saw her when Maroni beat on her.

He made sure all the doors were locked once again and then took a seat in the living room. He pulled the cell phone out of his pocket and decided to check on his men. Ace answered the phone.

"Ace, any news?"
"No news. . . Trey arrived, but no signs of Deuce. I'm thinking he's a goner."
"Probably so-- Just keep a close eye on Maroni. I want him watched twenty four seven, and phone me as soon as he moves. I've got fish to fry here."
"Anything you need help with boss?"
"No-- Just keep your eyes on Maroni."

The Joker hung up the phone and looked into the kitchen. He watched her place away the last bit of groceries. He wanted to get his hands on Zack. He actually wanted to get his hands on him more than Maroni at the moment.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image